Right here in Marin, tucked away in the industrial park complex of Bel Marin Keys, is a funky loading-ramp venue next to a focus-group office. 64 Digital Drive is marked by a big "Q&A" sign at the curb. Head up the short cement staircase to a FABulous dance studio for a night of dancing with two of the best instructors in the biz.
Kelly and Yenni will provide 1-hour lessons beginning at 7 p.m. for both beginner and intermediate-level dancers. Starting at 8:00 there will be a full-on dance party where you can try out your new moves.
$10 fee includes both lesson and dance.
Kelly always provides an "etiquette sheet" to ensure your popularity as a member of the dance community, but these are some things to know upfront:
- shower and wear clean clothes to the event
- brush your teeth and help yourself to breath mints. Refrain from chewing gum.
- don't arrive "under the influence"
- clean your hands and nails and file away rough edges
- use deodorant liberally; use cologne and perfume SPARINGLY
- bring a hand towel to keep your gentle perspiring under control
- the best shoes are "dance shoes," or ones with a smooth leather sole
I am truly a beginner at this but I won't get better unless I get practice. Please join me for an evening of fun, enjoyable partner dancing right here in Marin. You don't need to bring a partner -- one will be provided for you!