addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Stevens Bikes Husky 100 (Race Event - Info Only)

  • Dec 13, 2014 · 8:30 AM
  • This location is shown only to members

From the race organisers:

Dear Participants,

Once again the Shoalhaven region, along with a substantial proportion of the East Coast of Australia, has been the subject of a severe weather event that has seen storms affecting the entire region.  In the 8 full days of December thus far, more than 1/6th of the average annual rainfall has fallen on the local region.

Unfortunately, from our perspective, this means that we have 'picked' four major weather events in the five year history of the Husky.  This year has proven to be the toughest for us, as the majority of the rainfall occurred at least one week prior to the event date, and given the event is in December, the chance of warm weather had left us with a glimmer of hope that the trails may dry quicker than they have in past years.

We have attempted to delay this decision for as long as possible so that we can give the course every chance to be ready, while also making the decision as early as possible so that we can give all participants ample notice as to whether it was going to proceed or not.
 
Following final inspections in conjunction with the local Mountain Bike Club (SCUM) and the Callala RSL Country Club, and given the forecasted increased chance of rain in the days leading up to the event date, all parties are convinced that it is in no ones interest to ride the trails this weekend.  There is still substantial amounts of water pooled over the trails all around the course.  The Callala RSL, with the Golf Course currently shut, has completely retracted their permit for us to host the event on their grounds.  Needless to say, this was the decisive factor in our decision.

We have never viewed the complete cancellation of an event as a valid option and, as in the past, we will postpone the event to a later date.  Unfortunately, with the current proximity to Christmas, we are unable to announce a new date until after the Christmas holiday period.

Thank you to all of our landowners and stakeholders who have been very supportive over the last few days.  Like us, they are keen to see people come to the Shoalhaven Region and enjoy the wonderful riding experience that it has to offer – under dry conditions.  The South Coast United Mountain Bikers have been working hard on their trails this year, and have been enthusiastically talked about how well the trails have been riding in the months leading up to the event.
 
A few notes with regard to the rescheduling of events:Everyone with valid entries for this weekends event will have their entries transferred across to the new date, when announced.Those participants that had been requesting a refund AFTER our refund eligibility date of the 22nd of November, still have a valid entry.If you have purchased a jersey, we are happy to post the jerseys out early OR you may still pick them up at race registration on the new date.  If you want your jersey posted to you, please email us with the appropriate postal address. As with all of our past postponements, we do not offer refunds.  Instead, we offer free transfers of your entry to another rider.  Obviously this option will not be applicable until we have announced the new date. What Now?

Chill out, relax and have a great Christmas.  We will send out another update on or before the 14th of January, once we have had a chance to organise a new date.  At this time we will advise you on how to transfer your entries to another rider IF you are unable to make the new date.

Apologies for the bad news, however we are sure that everyone understands that we cannot control the weather.  We look forward to seeing you in 2015.
 
The iAdventure crew.

Join or login to comment.

  • Patience

    Hi all

    I’ve had a few messages re accommodation, sadly I also can’t make the rescheduled date so won’t be organising any accommodation.

    Rather than try and sell your entry, you can transfer it to the 2015 race (scheduled for 24 October 2015).

    All you need to do is email [masked] with your details. I had this confirmed yesterday.

    I will be organising accommodation for the 2015 race at the same house, taking 9 people only. I have 4 confirmed already. If interested please message.

    See you all on a meet up ride soon!!!!

    Patience

    2 · January 21, 2015

    • kate

      Hey P im keen too ..put me down for two..if there's any vacancies left.....theres a couple more ftiends interested but cant commit this early so i might need to look into a 2nd house..if we get enough..see u soon hopefully..

      January 22, 2015

    • Patience

      Closing off accommodation, confirming Julia, Tony, Kate + 1.

      1 · January 22, 2015

  • Spiros

    If anyone is interested in buying my Husky 50 Entry please let me know.

    January 21, 2015

    • Julia

      Hi Spiros , I'd be interested if its for the Oct 2015 race ? Can you let me know the details . cheers Julia

      January 21, 2015

  • A former member
    A former member

    Saturday the 28th of February, 2015. The week before I'm doing 3 peaks at Falls Creek...
    Anyone organising any accommodation?

    January 15, 2015

    • Tony M.

      Same here but doing the Capital Punishment that next weekend after. Haven't had a look for Accom yet awaiting the tick from work to be released.

      January 15, 2015

  • Andrew

    Thanks Patience and Spiros for arranging a great weekend with some mighty fine weather. Was great riding and chilling out with you all. Maybe next time down there we might get to race but who cares if we don't, we'll have a fun weekend getaway.

    1 · December 16, 2014

  • A former member
    A former member

    Thanks for putting together an awesome weekend P. Nice meeting you Kate and Alex. B and Andy fun as always.

    December 16, 2014

  • Blanka

    Brilliant weekend in the SUNSHINE! We rode Butterfly and Coondoo, paddled and made merry :-) Thanks everyone for lots of fun!! And thanks Patience for organising and Kate and Goffy for finding out about the trax. Hope the metro-ute survived its off-road adventure, Michael.

    December 16, 2014

  • Jez

    So the race is cancelled Will some of us still go down and try and find some tracks that are rideable or do we retract the house deal and rebook when we have a new race date? Bummer! Whatever happens thanks for all the organisation efforts and I look forward to catching up at the race sometime next year!

    2 · December 9, 2014

    • kate

      Thx I got patience number and she's got mine ill message you when I work out how on here see you tomorrow weather forecast looking good depending on which website you check :-)

      December 11, 2014

    • David

      If anyone wants to meetup for a ride on the weekend. I will be staying at Husskinson. David[masked]

      December 11, 2014

  • kate

    Ive heard back from Scum. ..south coast united mountain bike club..one of the organisers of Husky 100 .they said the best track would be Còondoo..as it handles the water better ..Coondoo is attached to Butterfly....

    2 · December 10, 2014

    • David

      Coondoo it is then...

      1 · December 10, 2014

  • David

    Hopefully the weather will be kind to us this weekend. ..

    1 · December 8, 2014

    • Spiros

      December 9, 2014

    • Blanka

      hey all, I'm still keen to ride somewhere too late - too late to cancel house, I'm sure :)

      2 · December 9, 2014

9 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy