For those ninjas-in-training that want test their skills in a race environment--and have a blast doing it-- we recommend participating in the Quick n' Dirty Race Series. The Lake Hodges course is fast, fun, beginner friendly, and spectator friendly.
To ride like a ninja you must have great skill; to race like a ninja you must have great insight. No, this does not mean that you have to read the Tao of Pooh, it just means that you must be aware of the course ahead of you. The best way to do this is with a purposeful pre-ride-- learn where the best line is, practice the technical sections, know how much recovery you will have between climbs, and scope out the best passing sections.
To ensure that you have the best race experience, dominate your category, and race like a ninja, come and join this Ninja-led small group pre-ride / Efficiency and Flow clinic (all-in-one!) at the Quick n' Dirty course (Lake Hodges).
For $99, your session will include basic mountain bike skills review, pre-race nutrition guidance, race strategy breakdown, 'what to expect on race day' tips, and, of course, the actual pre-ride. This is a full-day session.
The skills taught and practiced on the Mountain Bike Skills :: Efficiency and Flow course include:
- Mind skills
- Reading the trail & linking sections for flow
- Attacking flat corners
- Flat and cambered corners
- Bermed corners; lines and pumping
- Maximizing grip and traction with pumping
- Learning to pump for speed & air
Event schedule and times:
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following program:
- 08:45-09:00 Arrival at course venue
- 09:00-01:00 | Skills coaching session – Pumping & flow, line selection, more.
- 01:00-02:00 | Lunch
- 02:00-04:15 | Skills coaching session – Mastering cornering, switch-backs, more.
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE RACE ENTRY / THIS IS ONLY FOR THE COURSE PREVIEW..