The first ever Ninja Night Race will be held on Thursday October 24th, 2013 at the San Dieguito River Park near Lake Hodges. This USA Cycling sanctioned event is the first sanctioned race that happens exclusively at night so you will need lights to compete.
In addition to all of the normal safety rules associated with a USAC event we are also implementing the following:
• You must race with both a light on your bars and a light on your helmet.
• Total lumens of your setup must be 1000 or more. Light output will be measured at event registration.
• Crossing the finish line without your lights working will result in an automatic DNF, no exceptions.
Included in your $55 entry fee is the following:
• Race Entry
• Chip timing
• Exclusive event t-shirt
• Goodie bag loaded with stuff
• Special Ninja Night Race badge of honor
• Post-race food
• Raffle ticket
We are also excited to offer cash prizes for our pro-category riders.
Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each category. Pro/Cat 1 can also earn some cash prizes:
Pro/Cat 1 Men:
• 1st – $100
• 2nd – $75
• 3rd – $50
Pro/Cat 1 Women:
• 1st – $120
• 2nd – $85
• 3rd – $60
The awards ceremony will immediately follow the race.
Registration will open at 9am PST on October 1st, 2013. The October 24th event is limited to 50 racers so be sure to register right away on the 1st.
Registration is on Active.com.
You will also need to complete liability waiver, safety check, and lighting check at the event.
More information can be found here.. http://ninjanightrace.com