Hi Girls.. PLEASE READ BELOW for what to bring and how to prepare your bike for this ride!!!
An easy 5 mile ride with minimal climbing! I receive lots interest for these training day rides (YEAH!). I will try and schedule these rides regularly!!!
This ride is typically for new riders although anyone is welcome to join us! The pace will be very casual. If you are a more experienced rider, it's always nice to have help on these rides :)
New Riders MeetUp in Livermore at Sycamore Grove Park in the heart of the wine valley. Entrance on Wetmore Rd.
The park offers both a paved path and fire road with very little climbing. This ride is about 5 miles. This ride is packed full of useful riding tips from adjusting your bike properly to riding skills such as... balance skills, climbing techniques, downhill stance to build confidence, braking, and much much more!
There is a charge for parking! $5 (the machine only takes $1's and $5's and does not make change)
IMPORTANT! I would like the participation of at least 3 people to hold this ride, so please join in if you are interested!
Sycamore Grove Park is an excellent introduction to the sport,
a short and safe trail providing an excellent base to help build that "off-road" confidence and the fire road section provides enough variety to start enhancing those off road skills!
Please prepare for this ride... Tips for the trail!
- Quick Release Seat post clamp! I "highly recommend" stopping by your local bike shop and picking one up for all training days! Having the ability to drop your seat on certain sections of a trail is essential for building confidence and enhancing your skills on downhills, as well as sketchy parts to the trial and questionable "narrow" single track areas.
- Flat pedals as opposed to clips! unless you are very used to clips. Clip-in pedals are a must for climbing and to improve your cadence however, they can be added to your bike once you a comfortable on a variety of trails.
- Knobby tires as opposed to a more road like tire. This will provide better tracking and stability off road
- Suspension! Even having front suspension will help the bike track better off road especially bumpy or rocky sections. Dual suspension a plus.
- Tune Up! I recommend at least once a year. We are currently working out a Mountain Biking Girls Group discount through The CyclePros on Main St. in Downtown Pleasanton!!!!
- Everyone must wear a helmet
If you have any question prior to the ride or need to cancel at the last minute, please feel free to post comments or chime in on the discussion OR simply give me a call at (925)[masked]
About the Park:
Size: 775 acres
Park Entrance: 1051 Wetmore Road
Parking fee: $5 per vehicle or by annual permit
Hours: 7a.m. until sunset (see closing hours posted at each entrance)
An excellent Trail Map:
The "Yellow" marked section shows the "Off Road Trail" which is "Wagon Road Trail" http://www.larpd.dst....
Location Map: http://www.larpd.dst....
Photos from the park: