Film: 5 Point Film Festival
Special Events and Announcements
MITOC is hosting 5PointFilms on Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 @ 7:30pm in 26-100!
We're the only show in Massachusetts!
Purchase your tickets today to save your seat! $5 for MIT Students, $10 for everyone else. Open to the public.
To buy your tickets online:
go to the Pay MITOC
page under Purchase Items, change the pull down menu "Payment For" to "Items"select the appropriate ticket type (MIT Student or General Admission)enter the desired amount of tickets and the price will update (if purchasing both types of tickets, do two transactions, one for each)enter your email address in the "Comments" field click on the "Pay MITOC" button and complete the credit card payment information email [masked]
with any questions or concerns about your ticket purchase.
Hey Outdoorsy Folks,
Ever wonder how to get your film/video about your adventures into a film festival? Well, now’s your chance. We will be hosting 5PointFilms in February on campus and we have the special opportunity to include a film created by someone in our community. By entering your film, you have the chance of not only winning great swag, but also to get your film shown during the film fest on campus and maybe even more!
- Create a film of your outdoor activity(s) that is inspiring, fun, a documentary, etc.
- Film length, no more than 10 minutes.
- Film quality - as high quality as possible - You always look much cooler doing a first ascent or face-planting in high definition :)
- DO NOT USE MATERIAL YOU DO NOT HAVE THE COPYRIGHT TO OR EXPLICIT WRITTEN PERMISSION FOR - ESPECIALLY MUSIC!
(there are a lot of great sites out there that provide music with terms such as Creative Commons (see creativecommons.org for more info) which will allow you to use music for free as long as you follow their terms such as giving the copyright holder credit).
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other video hosting website and send me (Kris Brewer - [masked]) a link to be entered in the contest.
Submissions are due by Feb. 1, 2014.
*By entering your film in the contest, you retain all copyrights (assuming you had them in the first place, please make sure you do!), but agree to license us the video for the purpose of showing it during the film fest and promoting the film fest*
Any questions, please contact me directly.
Thanks! Kris Brewer
WARNING: Special event fees are non-refundable.