Mountaineering, Climbing & Backpacking Of New England Message Board › Winter Dragging sled - Pulk

Winter Dragging sled - Pulk

Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Hey Folks,
I am in the market for another durable winter sled for dragging gear.  I love the Expedition sled I have now and am planning too ad another to the gear room. Its a ordered Idem...
Anyone else want in if I have to order one..?
My local True Value does deals with me since I have had an account since they opened when I was 15. Long time now.. Dont know yet what the final price might be... Know more tomorrow...
Here is a link to the type.. It pretty bomber..
http://www.truevalue....­
Get in touch if you want in...
Jay Briscoe
Brian
user 110185442
Nashua, NH
Post #: 1
How do you attach it to yourself, and what areas of the body does that stress when dragging it uphill?
Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Post #: 47
Pulk.. Google it or best is to look on YouTube. They will answer all your questions. It can have handles or carabiners and attach to your waist on your backpack. they sell fancy harness for pulling it.. its been done for a hundred years.
John
user 86801432
Keene, NH
Post #: 1
Hi Jay,
I was looking at these sleds earlier this winter. I found them at Aubuchon for $29.99; http://www.hardwarest...­
They are "out of stock online" but available at local stores. You can search what store(s) are closest to you. Hope this is useful info for you or anyone else.

Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Post #: 48
lol... yes I did.. hours and hours away from here... I saw them couple weeks ago at the Aubuchon in Lincoln and going to check it out this weekend if possible... Thanks
Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Post #: 49
Ok Folks... That Orange Expedition sled there is 63 available.. Can get for late next week. Likely, Thursday from the Main True-Value warehouse in Manchester NH...
Our Cost $ 30.85
We have till 5pm on Monday to get our order in..
Who is with me?
Jay Briscoe - 1x
John Ho - 1x
??? Anyone else.. Please confirm with me... I don't need any extras..
Jay 978-764-3852 You can text just let me know a name case your not already in my phone. Huntingtons Ravine here we come..:-)