Mountaineering, Climbing & Backpacking Of New England Message Board › Adventure Traveling Trips in 2014

Adventure Traveling Trips in 2014

Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Hi Folks,

Building some great trips outside the state this month. Also converting with others for other trips for 2015 & 2016... WA, AK and WY.. Very exciting....
Coming up in a couple of weeks...
Backpacking along the AT in North Carolina on some of the areas nicest mtns with a elevation of 6K But, is grass covered.  Check it out or google the area, if your interested in backpacking with us.. I still have to post the daily hiking stats. Yes I am a slacker!  But its geared towards intermediate hiker.. Only one day we will have a mileage of just over 10 miles but its softly rolling down hill the whole time so very do-able.
Memorial Day this year we are headed to the Grand Pemi Loop  Nice relaxed pace.. Check out the Bonds and many other peaks.. Also a Comet is flying over head on Sat Morning.. very cool...
July 4th weekend...
Still unplanned... Got a idea...? Leaning towards ADK or VT for another Backpacking multy day trip... Don't really know.. Maybe Rock Climbing Meetups... Hum?

Save the date:....!
Sat August 9th -- Sunday August 17th   8d 7n in Colorado. Sight seeing in Rocky mountain NP and backpacking The Grand Traverse of Long Mtn in Rocky Mtn Nat park..  Super excellent trip with lots of adventure and a summit of a 14,000 none tech peak... Sure to be exciting if you have never been to Colorado... Creation is happening now look for the announcement.
I have my plane tickets already....

Labor Day weekend...
Still Unplanned... Though thinking of a Northern forest Canoe trip  likely 4 days..

Columbus Day weekend.....
Also unplanned...... Got a Idea?

Festival's.....
Meetup Mania 2014 -- 1st annual..
This year we will be teaming up with couple of our other Meetup friends (groups) and having a big festival of our own out at the Gunks this year.. We are hoping for news on the AAC Campground openning up so we can base out of that location... Still looking for a date... Stay tuned..
AAC Fest in North Conway.. Will be this fall again.. Just waiting on them to post a date for the event.
If you should hear of something that is of interest.. Please share... We are always interested in finding more fun...
Looking like a awesomely busy summer..
If your a listed organizer or not? Do you have some questions on posting or need a little assistance? Afraid of doing it wrong? Don't be...! Get in touch with me.. We can get you up and hiking pretty easy.. or if you think a workshop would be helpful happy to post one.. Suggest a day and time...And if it works for me I will post it...
Hope all is well and the trail is under foot.
Cheers,
Jay Briscoe
Alfonso
user 35710742
Pawtucket, RI
Post #: 4
Hey Jay,

You wouldn't happen to have any info on dry tooling outdoors in New England?

- Al
Jay B.
user 14472233
Group Organizer
Dracut, MA
Post #: 56
Hey Alfonzo I don't.. Rock climbers don't like it when you in there crag hurting the rock.. Mixed climbs usually are the raining wet shitty rock in places like you already know like Frankenstein.. But protection with the rock un-frozen is very dangerous... Its time to put the sticky rubber shoes on my friend..:-)
Daniel
user 57432832
Dover, NH
Post #: 4
ADK - Great Range Traverse 4th of July. Maybe do some kayaking at the lake as well.