Multiracial Americans of Southern California Message Board › Multiracial Families & HBO.com

Multiracial Families & HBO.com

MASC
user 15364051
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
I am passing along an invitation to share your story and be interviewed by HBO.com in conjunction with an upcoming documentary about The Lovings, whose supreme court case ended anti-miscegenation laws in the U.S. Note that MASC does not officially endorse this product and we do not give out member information, but we will pass along opportunities that may be of interest to you. See below for info:

The HBO documentary, "The Loving Story" is premiering Valentines's Day. Its all about an interracial couple who married in 1958 & were jailed because they refused to divorce. I've been asked to find people willing to share their experience with interracial relationships. These can be romantic relationships or being a person that grew up in an interracial household- anyone willing to share. These stories are not limited to black & white couples or traditional relationships. My goal is to have a wide range of stories to share with anyone who visits the site. HBO.com is looking to tape interviews this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, with people willing to talk. The questions are very kind, considerate & tactful, in line with the tone of the film. If you or anyone you know would want to be a part of this dynamic discussion, please get in contact with me immediately. Feel free to share this information- check out the site & the trailer at http://lovingfilm.com/­ .

Have a great night!

Amber