Munich Stammtisch Message Board › Today's Deutsch Conversation Session

Today's Deutsch Conversation Session

Lucas
lucas.sternberg
Group Organizer
München, DE
Hi guys,

First off, thanks for all those who came to today's session, it was great to see ya guys again and had fun on the group conversation earlier. Learned heaps!

I understand as well that sometimes thing do come up and people can't come last minute, unfortunately today it was unusually more than what we normally experience in meetup -- 50% from the normal 20% so to be fair to those who came and wasn't expecting the low turnout, I paid for half of the instructor's cost.

On the one hand, the smaller group did help give everyone a chance for more grammatical input from the instructor which was a major plus. I normally hate grammar lessons, but the instructor today I felt did a splendid job delivering the lecture and allowing free-flowing conversation whilst making sure that she corrected grammar patterns when appropriate.

Saying that though, to help prevent the incident today I would need to change the format for next week's RSVP system and require a 50% deposit as commitment in case of a no-show. If we don't have enough people for the session, I would of course return the deposit in this case. Would send an email to the entire Meetuo group with the new mechanics in the coming days.

Finally, I think its time to setup a Facebook group for theis convo sessions for us to be able to interact before and after the lessons. Sharing tips and materials from the instructors. Let me know if you know of any other system (e.g. Google+) that would be more appropriate.

Cheers and enjoy the rest of this glorious sunny Sunday! :)

Ron.