Munich Stammtisch Message Board › Discovery before moving to Munchen

Discovery before moving to Munchen

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are a friendly couple who are actually living in London but considering to move to Germany, preferably to Munchen, Stuttgart or Nurnberg.
Before we make the final decision we need to learn a bit more about the life in the area not from the different websites and statistics but from whom actually live there and can advise from real experience.

We both had good impressions on the lifestyle and culture in Germany and settling down was always an option for us. The main reason is for this timing that we had enough of the UK healthcare nightmares and would like to raise our four months old son in a place where we could get the right treatment at the right time exactly when needed, so we could feel safe.

We would like to know your opinion, impressions and experience with the German healthcare.

We would also like to get ideas about the monthly budget for a family with 1-2 children; living ideally in a 3 bedrooms flat or house in or in a commuting distance from Munich, having good quality healthy food, sometimes a lunch or a diner in restaurant, cinemas, theatre, travelling inland and abroad for holydays, occasional short breaks.

I am a Mechanical Design Engineer; I will certainly have to look for job opportunities. If you know some tips and tricks how to do it quickly, where to look for (other than Stepstone) how to meet/influence decision makers and important customs worth learning.

Thank you for all the advice and information in advance. Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Istvan