Munich Stammtisch Message Board › Are you interessted to set up new Meetup-group?

Are you interessted to set up new Meetup-group?

A former member
Post #: 8
Hey everybody,

it seems, that here are some of us interessted to meet more often (including me). And thats really great!

But at the same time it is not that easy to organize events with this forum only. Especially, if you consider all the possibilities this meetup-plattform provides.

What about creating a new group?!

In this way we could:
- organize more efficient
- contact more group members (I guess only a few look often in the forum)
- share locations (addresses) and evaluate them later
- and the best: get to know each other better ;-)

So, if you are interessted, just post something.
The good thing is that there can be multiple organizers and we could establish a shared group.

What do you think?

user 9530195
München, DE
Post #: 8
Hello Till,

I support the idea - let's have a new group and start organizing different events for ourselves to know each other better.

user 9979851
München, DE
Post #: 2
Hi Till!

Pretty good idea :-)
I´ll take part. Let me know if you need support.

Have a nice day

user 9742483
München, DE
Post #: 9
I am in support of the idea. I think Tyler, the owner of this group did send us all an email about switching owners etc. I couldnt reply to his email as the system had some restrictions for some weird reason.

Anyway, if this is a paid group, I would prefer that we switch to facebook. It's free and there is no need for one person to own and organize everything, it's completely spontaneous and user friendly, allows you to set your own account and privacy settings.

A former member
Post #: 9
I didn´t receive a e-Mail from Tylor so far. Even when I asked him to become a Co-organizer. For some reason he did not reply ... I don´t know.

To run a own group there is a monthly fee of $12 required (€8). Of course it is more than nothing but I think we could try if it is worth.

Just an example:
We could found a new group and if it is not thaaaat satisfying within a certain time frame (e.g. 3 month).... we just drop it.
This would be an "investment" of €8 if we stay with 3 founders. When there are more ... it becomes cheaper per person.

Before we should discover whether there is a minimun duration to quit spontaneously- like a cell phone contract.

If this condition is given .... I´m in ;-)

A former member
Post #: 10
... just found the e-mail from Tyler in the e-Mail section.
A former member
Post #: 4
oh well, that'll be great!

I`m currently in Munich for a business assignment, and of course looking to make friends....

user 9979851
München, DE
Post #: 3
Let´s start smile
I think € 8 shouldn´t be a problem. I spend € 2 - voluntary wink
user 8846544
München, DE
Post #: 3
I think in general I also like the idea of being able to organise meetings easily whether its through meetup, facebook or another means that's more convenient. What I'm not so clear about is how does it get easier to organise meetings if all we do is create another meetup group? Wouldn't it be more of the same then? I remember somebody suggested facebook earlier, is that not a viable option? Perhaps someone can help clear it up.
A former member
Post #: 11
Hey All,

when I asked the meetup-support for some additional information regarding the conditions to create and run a group, they answered this (German only - sorry):
Mitglied sein bei Meetup ist kostenlos. Ein Mitglied kann Meetup Gruppen
beitreten (es gibt ueber 60,000 Meetup Gruppen weltweit in allen
moeglichen Themen), bei Meetup Events mitmachen, und sich generell bei
allen Meetups beteiligen, alles ohne Kosten bezahlen zu muessen zu

Um Organizer einer Meetup Gruppe zu sein, jedoch, muss man ein
Abonnement kaufen. Die Abonnementpreise sind folgende:

Alle Preise sind in USD.

$12 im Monat fuer 6 Monate (eine einzige Zahlung von $72)
$15 im Monat fuer 3 Monate (eine einzige Zahlung von $45)
$19 im Monat (Monat-zu-Monat bezahlt)

Jedes Abonnement hat eine 30-Tage-Rueckgabegarantie, und erlaubt einen
Organizer, bis zu 3 Meetup Gruppen zu organisieren.

Sie koennen Ihren Abonnement jederzeit kuendigen, indem Sie auf Ihrem
Konto die entsprechende Auswahl anklicken ("Abonnement kuendigen").

Um mehr zu lernen ueber das organisieren von Meetup Gruppen, besuchen
Sie bitte unser Organizer Resource Center (auf English):­

I would like to know how these rules apply in the case we would continue the existing group? Since this group is registered for a couple of month!
Tyler, do you know about this? or anybody else?

Or anybody else?

Till ;-)