The following invite is also going out to our friends and other meetup groups like the Murfreesboro and Rutherford County Wine Lover's group and Meeting in Murfreesboro - The group for singles over 40...
so this should be blast... and won't be just us... so come if you can!
And if you want to show up later, most of the music will probably fire up when it gets dark or around or after 7pm...
Let’s Ring in Spring with a Celebration! (rain or shine)
This will be an adult event hosted out on the farm that my brother Danny and I grew up on out in Rockvale, Tn. Danny has an entertainment/music room complete with a 200 year old baby grand piano, keyboard, PA, 70 inch television and bar.
We have an excellent keyboard player, Tim Bolton, who is planning to come out and tickle the keys of that old baby grand so we know that at least that part of the evening’s music agenda will be good…
Activities will begin at 3:30pm:
• A few games will be available like cornhole, badminton/volleyball and disc golf...
• Cow tipping and snipe hunting will be available later in the evening for the more adventurous and gullible (this IS the not-so-deep south)...
The Burgers and Dogs will hit the grill at around 5:00 pm:
• Please bring a dish to share.
Beverages are BYOB:
• Bring your favorite beverage...
• For the wine people --- bring a bottle of wine to share. If you don’t consider yourself a wine person but feel a strong desire to “partake”, then bring a bottle of wine!
Music will be provided by our meetup group “Murfreesboro Musical Mayhem”. This meetup group is NOT a band, but is rather open to anybody who wants to just show up and play or sing… normally with no organized rehearsal… and preferably in a public place. Yes... Results do vary; but it is always guaranteed to be entertaining!
• If you play, bring your instrument, or if you want to sing --- you will have a chance to do that too.
Accommodations are BYOT (Bring your own Tent :-)
Bring a tent if you want to camp for the night so you don’t have to drive back home. There will be an “emergency” 10 man tent setup for those who want to camp but didn’t bring a tent with them. (Only those who can share tight spaces with total strangers will be allowed entry into this tent…)
If you need to ask a question about this event or get lost on the way out to the Boonies don’t hesitate to call!
See you there!