add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Temecula/Murrieta Preppers Message Board › Dried/Dehydrated Foods Cookbook

Dried/Dehydrated Foods Cookbook

Laurie H.
user 41114482
Fallbrook, CA
Post #: 29
Does anyone remember at the first Meet and Greet of this group, there was a cookbook at the store that utilized dried and/or dehydrated foods, and put complete dried meals in large canning jars. I believe all you had to do was add water and heat. They would be mostly soups and stews. I went back to the store to check for it, but the cookbook they had wasn't what I remembered. Can anyone help me out with a title, author, and how to get one? I'm thinking it would be cool to have a bunch of ready to eat meals on the shelf of my pantry. The last thing you want to do in an emergency is plan and cook a three course meal. I would love to open a jar, add water, and put it in the solar cooker for a while.
A former member
Post #: 1
You know I've been watching the best YouTube videos on just this very subject. Here's one link..­ But there are hundreds of others that actually show your step by step and are only a few minutes long. Good luck! Jeana
Laurie H.
user 41114482
Fallbrook, CA
Post #: 30
Thanks so much. I didn't even think to check youtube.
Amber E.
user 24962412
Temecula, CA
Post #: 47
we have some great recipes on our site and we also have what is called thrive live every 2nd tuesday of the month and Chef Todd does a live demonstration.

Corby W.
user 10785714
Winchester, CA
Post #: 1
I wasn't at the meeting but we've been looking into that! Its a way to have your dinner meals planned & put together. Was it this?