Museum Muser Message Board › TODAY! Colorado Christmas at the Four Mile Historic Park!

TODAY! Colorado Christmas at the Four Mile Historic Park!

Fran R.
FranRew
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Today's the day of the Colorado Christmas celebration at the Four Mile Historic Park!  

I love this event!!

Yesterday, in preparation for the event, Carl, the Volunteer of the Year at the FMHP was getting his horse Bradley comfortable with the sound of the sleigh bells ringing on the carriage that Bradley and his horse partner will be leading for rides in today's colorful holiday event.

We'll be seeing Christmas with the dress styles, and experiences people shared in Colorado around the 1870's here in Colorado.  Outside of the historic home near the chicken coop, there's a shed where costumed cheerful volunteers enjoy giving away free delicious hot cookies that they make on right there in the shed on a wood burning stove.

It will be such a beautiful day outside, it will be hard to go inside for a fascinating tour of the home.  We could save that for around 1:30 PM, after we've had a chance to walk, ride and explore the outdoor events.  In the 1980s I was a volunteer tour guide, so I can also help introduce you to the history.

If you haven't already RSVP'd, please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com...­

Richard and I will wait for the people who have RSVP'd in front of the Grant Family Education Center entrance, where the tickets are sold.  I'll leave my cell phone on if you'd like to call to meet us (720) 474-5182.

Whether you can come or not, I wish you all a very happy holiday season!!

Fran Rew
(303) 321-1064 (H)
(720) 474-5182
info@TopicTalkWalks.com