Music Cleveland! Message Board › Details for Tonight - The French Connection

Details for Tonight - The French Connection

Bill J.
Bill.Johnson
Group Organizer
Chagrin Falls, OH
The French Connection
Bonjour!
It would seem that the British have arranged to send the French Connection some showers and English fog this afternoon.  So, of course, we are prepared.
Our Lawn tickets for Blossom include privileges to sit in the General Admission seats on both sides of the Pavilion in the back.  The main concern is however that there will be more behinds than seats.  It is “first-come, first-seated.
All Blossom concerts are RAIN OR SHINE!
There is a link on our event post to the Blossom Grounds:  http://www.clevelandorchestra.com/ClevelandOrchestra/media/Plan-Your-Visit-assets/Blossom-Grounds-Map.pdf­
So, therefore, it is imperative that we arrive early and claim seats.  Here is my game plan:
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. so I plan on being one of the first through those gates.  I did purchase a parking tag for Lot A so I’ll be really close in.  I will immediately proceed to the Pavilion seats on the right facing the stage (rear).
I will try to save 10 seats in the last two rows on the right, going to the aisle.  This may be impossible depending upon the crowd but I will try.
Then, if it is not raining, I will try to stake out a lawn spot for my chair and cooler just above the seats and near the lower Pavilion concrete walkway.  If not coolers can be stowed behind the last row of seats.
So, this is about all one can do, aside from drinking wine to make all concerns go away.  I plan on bringing Champagne or Prosecco and may need some help with that.
Last part of our Game Plan is to dress in squall gear.  Surely all Great Lakes sailors are quite comfortable in light mist.
Finally, lets give the proper salutes to those damned British for sending us their darn rain!
See you all early at Blossom.
PS: Please don’t ask me how to get to Blossom.  Try GPS on your phone!