align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Music Cleveland! Message Board › Classic Jazz for Funeral Calling Hours

Classic Jazz for Funeral Calling Hours

Dan M.
user 76979832
Akron, OH
Post #: 1
Hello folks,

I'm a new group member from Akron, and I'm really excited about attending jazz and classical concerts, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Late this morning, my grandfather passed away, and I am putting together a memorial slideshow with some background music for his calling hours. His music of choice was classic jazz without vocals -- he would always say that he enjoyed music until the singing starts.

I would like to know if any of you could recommend some down-temp, classic jazz tunes without vocals for the slideshow -- appropriate for a funeral, or course. I often listened to it in the car with him growing up, but unfortunately, I don't know the names of the songs or composers.

Any help that you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
Chris Y.
user 100358232
Aurora, OH
Post #: 1
Miles Davis: "Blue in Green" from the "Kind of Blue" album
Bill Evans Trio: "My Foolish Heart"
Ellington: "In a Sentimental Mood" (listen to Andre Previn's version)
a few ideas
sorry for your loss
Bill J.
Bill.Johnson
Group Organizer
Chagrin Falls, OH
Post #: 277
sorry to hear that Dan. i would say make it easy and check out Dave Brubeck. most of his recordings would fit.
Dan M.
user 76979832
Akron, OH
Post #: 2
Thanks for your pointers, guys. I did take you up on "In a Sentimental Mood", and "Take Five". The slideshow was well received, and the project kept me busy when I most needed it. Thanks again, and I really appreciate your suggestions.