MUSIC FOR FUN! Message Board › Welcome Everyone !

Welcome Everyone !

A former member
I am so happy that there is such a great responce to the group. I want this to work well for everyone so I need feed back. If we can find what part of the metroplex works best for everyone to get to and when and how often would you like to meet. An option is a rented rehearsal space. It would not cost much it everyone chipped in. I would not mind picking something such as the second and fouth Sunday afternoons of the month. If anyone has any ideas for a meeting space, please speek up. Also is anyone interested in playing at funraisers and events such as that?

Thanks

Jean
A former member
Post #: 1
That sounds good as far as Sunday. I know we all have our different preferences but for me pretty much anywhere in between Fort Worth and Dallas works. Hopefully not up in Plano or on the East side of Dallas or anything. I live right between the two. I would love to do events!
A former member
Post #: 22
I'm in SE Dallas near Mesquite. I'm in another jammers' meetup group
http://www.meetup.com...­ and sometimes they play in Joe's garage in Balch Springs, I usually go there when I can catch them.

It's likely that people all over the D/FW metroplex will join this group, so maybe a once monthly jam in the middle will work for most people, but many will probably need to go to something closer to either FW or Dallas and not close to the middle. Perhaps alternating/rotating events would be a good idea.

My schedule is crazy so I can't usually know for sure in advance whether a given date is good for me, although 1st and 3rd Sat. is always out. If an event is announced 3-4 weeks in advance, I'll usually be able to tell if I can make it in time to give 1-2 weeks notice with rsvp. After we get enough people to have clusters in several areas, then we can poll everyone as to their schedule and then figure out what we can do where and when.

Anyway it sounds like fun.
Wulff
CDRhom
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 4
Once a month is probably all I can manage. Often my Friday and Satrudays are already booked up, but I'm good most other days. I'm in West Fort Worth, but I don't mind driving.