addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The International Music Photographers Lounge Message Board › 2011/2012 Summer Concerts

2011/2012 Summer Concerts

Joanie H.
JoanieHunt
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 918
Finally picked up a shoot! Going to be getting the band onstage and then photographing them the next day for their promo kit. Whew! Thought I was going to miss out completely this year.

Still looking to add to the calendar though, so if anyone hears of anyone needing coverage in the Vegas area or if you need extra help in SoCal, let me know!
Steve P.
Steve1962
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 141
Finally picked up a shoot! Going to be getting the band onstage and then photographing them the next day for their promo kit. Whew! Thought I was going to miss out completely this year.

Still looking to add to the calendar though, so if anyone hears of anyone needing coverage in the Vegas area or if you need extra help in SoCal, let me know!

What band?

I've been trying to land some gigs, although I've got some other things which are requiring my attention right now, so I haven't been beating down any doors.

Yet.

There may be an opportunity to be the tour photographer for a national act doing a large tour with three other large national acts. We're a long way off, and haven't gotten near discussing terms yet, but I'm thinking $200-300 a day, plus expenses is where I want to end up...
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,533
Looks like the Humphrey's Concerts will be harder to come by now. SoundDiego is limiting shows to the photographers who usually cover them.

At least there's no shortage of venues locally, but as far as the big name acts, it's suddenly become tougher.
confused
Steve P.
Steve1962
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 149
At Humphrey's, I always shot for either Wood & Steel Magazine or for the bands.

I never shot for Sound Diego (not that I wouldn't want to)...
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,629
Humphrey's (San Diego) 2013 Lineup:

Mon, Apr 15 7:30P Franz Ferdinand with special guest Palma Violets
Wed, Apr 17 7:30P Tegan and Sara with special guest: Stars
Sat, Apr 20 7:30P Keyshia Cole - Woman To Woman Tour with special guests Chrisette Michele and Mateo
Sun, May 26 7:30P Juanes - Loud and Unplugged Tour
Mon, Jun 03 7:30P Jewel - Greatest Hits Tour (solo acoustic) with special guests: Atz Lee & Steve Poltz
Thu, Jun 06 7:30P Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
Wed, Jun 12 7:30P Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual Tour with special guest Hunter Valentine
Tue, Jun 18 7:30P Michael McDonald / Boz Scaggs
Wed, Jun 19 7:30P Doobie Brothers
Fri, Jun 21 8:00P Joan Rivers
Thu, Jun 27 8:00P Erykah Badu
Fri, Jun 28 8:00P Chris Mann
Tue, Jul 02 7:00P Summerland Tour 2013 - Alternative Guitars starring Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge
Fri, Jul 05 7:30P America
Sat, Jul 06 8:30P Jim Gaffigan
Sun, Jul 07 6:30P Under The Sun Tour 2013 featuring Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon and Fastball
Wed, Jul 10 7:00P Railroad Earth / Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers
Thu, Jul 11 7:30P Huey Lewis & the News "Sports" 30th Anniversary Tour
Sun, Jul 14 7:00P An Evening with YES (playing three of their classic albums in their entirety)
Mon, Jul 15 8:00P Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion Radio Romance Tour 2013
Sun, Jul 21 7:30P Bill Cosby
Tue, Jul 23 7:30P Jonny Lang / Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Fri, Jul 26 8:00P The Fab Four - The Ultimate Tribute
Tue, Jul 30 7:00P Rock 'N' Blues Fest featuring Ten Years After, Edgar Winter Band, Canned Heat, Rick Derringer & Pat Travers
Wed, Jul 31 8:00P Gipsy Kings
Thu, Aug 01 8:00P Chicago
Sat, Aug 03 7:30P Chris Isaak
Sun, Aug 04 8:00P Bill Maher
Wed, Aug 07 7:30P Willie Nelson & Family
Thu, Aug 08 7:00P Los Lonely Boys/Los Lobos/Alejandro Escovedo
Fri, Aug 09 7:30P Brandi Carlile
Sat, Aug 10 8:00P D'Angelo
Wed, Aug 14 8:00P Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
Thu, Aug 15 8:00P Straight No Chaser
Fri, Aug 16 7:30P Dave Koz & Friends Summer Horns Tour with special guests Mindi Abair, Gerald Albright & Richard Elliot
Wed, Aug 21 7:30P Steely Dan with special guest Deep Blue Organ Trio
Fri, Aug 23 7:00P George Thorogood & the Destroyers / Buddy Guy
Sat, Aug 24 7:30P Toad The Wet Sprocket with special guest Grant Lee Buffalo
Wed, Aug 28 6:30P Regeneration Tour 2013 featuring The Human League, Erasure's Andy Bell and Howard Jones
Sun, Sep 08 7:30P Melissa Etheridge Live
Fri, Sep 13 7:30P Carly Rae Jepsen with special guest Hot Chelle Rae
Sat, Sep 14 7:00P Tower of Power / Average White Band
Thu, Sep 19 7:30P Lynyrd Skynyrd
Fri, Sep 20 8:00P Diana Krall - Glad Rag Doll World Tour
Sat, Sep 21 8:00P Lila Downs
Fri, Sep 27 7:30P Air Supply
Wed, Oct 02 7:30P Jesse Cook
Fri, Oct 11 7:30P Keali'i Reichel