The International Music Photographers Lounge Message Board › Anyone else receive this email about your music photos?

Anyone else receive this email about your music photos?

Sam W.
San_Diego_Sam
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 604
So let’s present ourselves more indeep :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We are an especialized MUSIC photo stock and news agency , existing since 20 years and owned by Bertrand ALARY , who was , before , a famous French rock Photographer for 14 years.(since 1979 !)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We distribute some 350 photographers (including 250 French ones) , and some from Belgium , Holland , Austria ,Germany, Switzerland , Usa , England )
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --list of recommendations included at the end--
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We are only doing the Music side : We have some 5 600 000 images (slides / prints) and
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 360 000 digital ones in files from all kind :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Artists (stage / studio/ location ) : Soul , Rock , Pop , Techno , Grunge , World,Teenage , Metal , Hard , Funk , Disco ,R n B , Jazz , Classical , and illustrations : rave parties, dancers , Instruments and crowd in concerts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> All this goes from 1950 to today.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For this side we are known as the biggest in France by all of the publications.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We have around 400 clients.(including magazines of course , but also book publishers and TV channels)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So we always need more material to satisfy all those clients who use us to supply on regular bases (daily,weekly or monthly depending on their circulation).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We need studio ; on location , reportage and live material .
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I really hope you will enjoy our proposal , your pictures are so great and apparently unseen over here yet !
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We already represent or cooperate with several agencies:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ARENA , PHOTOSHOT , CAPITAL , RELAY ,EYEVINE, SCOPE FEATURES , LIVE PIX ; PICTORIAL , ICONICPIX , SHOT 2 BITS ,URBANIMAGES , REX (from UK)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> VANIT , PPW , PUBLIC ADRESS,RED POINT ,INTERTOPICS , BULLS, CONTENTMINE,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> D P A , T-F-FOTO -, (in Germany ),
>>>>>>
>>>>>> SUNSHINE, BLACK SHEEP (in Holland )
>>>>>>
>>>>>> APA (in Austria)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> DUKAS (in Switzerland)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> REPORTERS(who sell us in Belgium ), HOUET –
>>>>>>
>>>>>> STARTRAKS ,LANDOV , RETNA USA , PIX INT , MRP, ZUMA press, INF GOFF ,MEDIASOURCES, LAMOINE, STARGAZE, NGI, PHOTOFEATURES, AFF, SHOOTING STAR ,AD MEDIA – RETNA ltd
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ( from USA ),
>>>>>>
>>>>>> HEADPRESS , SNAPPER ( in Australia ) –
>>>>>>
>>>>>> OCEANIA (in New Zealand)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> CONTACTO , CORDON PRESS ; ALFAQUI –FLASH, QUEEN, EUROIMAGEN . (in Spain)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> LUZ (who sell us in Italy) – MASI , DB PHOTO AGENCY , GRANATA
>>>>>>
>>>>>> BULLS , ALL OVER PRESS ( in Finland , Norway and Sweden)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> IMAGINESCAN (in Danmark)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> EAST NEWS (from Russia and Poland)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> MEGAPRESS (from Quebec)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> CITY FILES (from Portugal)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> BRAINPIX (from Brasil)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> KEYSTONE in East europe
>>>>>>
>>>>>> AMANA in japan
>>>>>>
>>>>>> MEDIAFAX in Romania
>>>>>>
>>>>>> MEPHISTO Jazz , ASA, UNIMEDIA , IXO or EPP from France
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It seems the name of your compagny don’t appears as credit very much in our country until now.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We would be glad to distribute in France your production and archives in Music where we are number one in our area , and you would be satisfied by the quality and honesty of our service.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We offer 50% on sales, send very regular regular sales reports every month mentionning « name of artist , of publication , of photographer , page , size » , with all and each single corresponding tear sheets and then settlement for payment as soon as receiving the invoices.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> All pictures are credited to the name of the photographer and the name of the agency
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (as shown in mounts , or in photoshop IPTC captions)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I enclose , so you have an idea , the list of our clients , and a sample of possible contract could sent by post for review ( just give your postal address ) .If it’s Ok with you , just fill the blank with the countries you wish us to sell (it could be France only , or Europe, or Worldwide except your country…) sign and return.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We are able to work with slides and prints but always prefer to receive digital images either by E.mail or FTP ( as well as on CD’s…) In each case images have to be scanned at 300 dpi in A4 2O x30 cm , Jpeg in Photoshop compressed in high quality 1O or more ,please make sure to fill the captions in each picture with name of artist , date and name of photographer.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (in « Information » in Photoshop 6 , « Descrition » in Photoshop 7 or « legend » in I view Media pro for example)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please let us know if you could be interested, and if you have any other special questions ,don’t hesitate to call or E.mail me .
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (In the meantime you can have a quick look on our web site , in the section « Press book » where you can see hundreds of recent sales done by our agency in all kind of range from major international publications)
>>>>>>
>>>>> Any questions welcomed
>>
>

Joanie H.
JoanieHunt
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 925
I got something similar, but haven't talked to anyone yet who's dealt with them and can verify if this is a reputable group. I'll email a friend at RETNA and ask.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,654
Looks like hogwash. I steer clear of bogus messages formatted like that.
Roger G.
user 67046252
Burnham, GB
Post #: 1
Yes they approached me too. They seem legit from what I read.