addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiGDA- General Discussion Forum › Global Game Jam 2012 (GGJ2012) at University of Denver (DU)

Global Game Jam 2012 (GGJ2012) at University of Denver (DU)

Marc W.
Seattle, WA
Fellow Indie game geeks,

I was sent this and it sounds really cool:

Hello Marc,

we are again hosting a node of the Global Game Jam 2012 at the University of Denver. I thought that you and CIGDA would like to be aware of this event.

Global Game Jam is organized by the IGDA-EdSIG and is a 48 hour game-development and local community building event of international proportions. It emphasizes collaboration, cooperation, and thinking on your feet.

Participants come together to create games according to a common conceptual theme. The theme is announced shortly after 5:00 pm local time at each location. Once the theme has been announced, there will be a brainstorming time and a pitch-making opportunity. Teams will be built organically. This year we will support the creation of both videogames and paper-based games (think board games)!

The event runs from January 27-29, 2012.

In order to participate, one will need to register (create an account) at:

and associate your profile with our location­

Rafael Fajardo, Associate Professor

eMAD, DMS, and GAME programs

University of Denver­

A former member
Post #: 21
looks/sounds like fun! regretfully, i will be at my cousin's wedding.
Bryan L.
user 28445282
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Any other people going to this? Just found the forum thingy for CIGDA, cool!

Marc W.
Seattle, WA
Post #: 13
Had a lot of fun and met some awesome indie developers. Please rate my game here:
Shiva: God of destruction and creation and it's also playable here on my website where I plan upload new and improved versions.
A former member
Post #: 20
Interesting concept, Marc. I like the contrast between creation and destruction. It's also really interesting to destroy your own creation. I don't know of many other games that do that. I'm curious how you extend this idea out.
A former member
Post #: 23
Build, DESTROY, repeat. simple, elegant and addicting. great concept! how was the experience at GGJ??
A former member
Post #: 23
The game is quite simple, All I do is hold down the mouse click.