addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 16
Anyone interested in gathering once a month or so and having a hack night? We could do a trial initial one and see how we like it.

I'm thinking a Saturday from say 6pm till midnight, bring your tools and hack away, sharing ideas, seeing what others are up to, collaborating, etc.

If this does interest you, please reply to this and I'll use the number of replies to gage interest.
Bryan L.
user 28445282
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I would be interested. Matt, are you going to do the Global Game Jam this weekend? I'm planning on participating, it was a lot of fun last year!

Alden R.
user 30423622
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
What sort of things would you say would be accomplished on a 'hack night'? I would be interested in working with people on real projects as a graphics/animator and or designer, but not just putzing around.
Alden R.
user 30423622
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I'd be interested in working with a team, as I said in the other forum, as a designer and or graphics/animator.
A former member
Post #: 17
Most hack nights are just people bringing their laptops and working on their projects in the presence of others. The idea is to bounce ideas off each other, get feedback, help when you're stuck, etc.

Some hack nights do try and do a project from start to finish in one night, but that's not what I had in mind when I posted.
A former member
Post #: 18
Oh and Bryan, sadly I can't do game jam this weekend. I have some other obligations. I definitely want to get involved in some of those jams though.
Andy M.
user 34897642
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I like this idea, keep me posted if you get something going!
A former member
Post #: 21
Hey guys, sorry there's been no progress on this so far, been mega busy. I do think we have enough people to warrant giving it a shot. I am going to talk with Uncubed first I think and see if they'd be up for it.

I'll shoot for a Saturday in March for the trial run.