align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Mysteries Through Time and Place Message Board › Field Trip (Pittsburgh? Columbus?)

Field Trip (Pittsburgh? Columbus?)

A former member
Post #: 8
A few times in the past six months, we've discussed having a field trip. This came up yet again at the November meeting. We'd both mentioned having a field trip to a mystery book store in Pittsburgh and also to one in Columbus. We'd also discussed enhancing the trip to make the longer drive worthwhile with something like lunch or a tea.

Here's what I propose: for anyone who is interested in this, reply here and give your e-mail address. We'll discuss it in our personal e-mail. Two reasons for this: for one, some people will find the messages flying back-and-forth annoying if they're just not interested; for another, I don't see a way to create a subset of the members so that the discussion can be ONLY between those people who truly have an interest.

Once we've discussed it, we can propose it to the group leaders as an actual event. Then, even for those who might have missed this discussion thread, they'd still get an opportunity to join-in.

Once again, if you're interested, merely reply to this with your e-mail address. Let's not discuss the details, here, as some people find this annoying and discourteous. As we get a few people together for this, I volunteer to start the e-mail but it doesn't matter who starts it. Let's not jump into it too fast, though -- give people a little time to think about it.

FYI: My e-mail address is: geometrick ampersand earthlink.net (tip, see how I put my address in? this helps keep spammers from grabbing it but we all know whatever you put will mean "@" even if you say "LordPeterWimsey" or something like that :-) )
Kate H.
user 8945635
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 7
Kate H. here - catdelf ampersand yahoo dot com Also, real quick, Foul Play Books is in Westerville, a bit north and east (don't ask) of Columbus. They have a book club and are very friendly to 'drop-ins' so check their site for selections. We could combine a trip for shopping, discussion, and eating (check out The Old Bag of Nails Pub - a menu with selections for any and all tastes).
A former member
Post #: 307
Oooh, I would be interested in that. My aunt and uncle live in Westerville, and it's always nice to have an excuse to go down there and see them. victoriasmith2007ampersandyahoodotcom ;-)
A former member
Post #: 10
Just a reminder to everyone that we will plan something for when the weather is better, but will probably start discussions on any potential trips even while the weather is still tricky.