Pete M.
user 92644982
Franklin, TN
Post #: 1
Open Gaming Days after Thanksgiving aren't anything new. Lord Al and Baxter Key have been running them for 14 years out of their shop. This year the Midsouth Chapter of HMGS held one as well. I went to both. Wargames' Fall Festival at the shop on Trousdale down 65 near the Mall and Berry Hill and Harding Place and HMGS's Turkey Wars which was today in Bell Meade on Harding Road. Both were great. I got in 2 games today and 3 yesterday. Yesterday we played Wings of Glory, Space Cadets Dice Duel and FFGs version of Talisman. Today I played 2 sessions of my Super Fast Play Old West rules. I pretty much liked every game excepts Talisman which I liked in the 80's as a student but I think I was probably drunk because it is a quite boring game! I'm hoping my Old West game will be balanced by the time Siege of Agusta rolls around. I am renting a van to bring people so if you are interested in a January convention run the convention website is http://SiegeofAugusta...­. I'll write up in more detail and with photos, my Turkey Wars fun at http://hmgs-midsouth....­
Evan E.
JabberWokky
Nashville, TN
Post #: 19
Hey Pete, that sounds like it was a blast. In the future, to help other local gamers find those kinds of things, please list events like that here! Remember, NAGA is not a gaming group -- it is a resource for gaming groups, stores, and events to connect to gamers in Nashville. Both the HMGS and Wargames should feel free to use it, and we'd love to add links and information to NAGACentral.com about how to connect to your group. That's why there are so many different group and store calendars listed there, and also why anybody can add a new event to the Meetup calendar (it adds to the event list if they don't already have a syndicated calendar online).

It's great to hear that events happened, but this kind of information is way more helpful if we can get the word out to local gamers before hand, rather than afterwards. I had talked to the folks at Wargames about this last year at the shop, and then again at NashCon, but never got any feedback or response, and their website has no event calendar (at least that I could find then, and I just rechecked it as I'm typing this). We're working to promote all gaming opportunities in the greater Nashville area, but it takes a bit of support, and it would be fantastic if you'd help out. If you do decide to help out, I'd love to set you up as an event host: I could assign your account to the local HMGS events like the Bolt Action Tournament that I've been adding to the calendar (or perhaps you can suggest somebody else?).

The Open Gaming Days are held multiple times a week, and are simply open mixers to introduce gamers from different groups and get people connected face to face. And a place to enjoy some games, too. Or, in the case of the Wednesday one, a heck of a huge Thanksgiving pot luck dinner.

If you want to email or call me, my contact information is evan@cheshirehall.net and (814) 889-8845. Hope to hear from you!
Evan E.
JabberWokky
Nashville, TN
Post #: 28
Hey, Pete - if there's anything going on this year, feel free to add it to the calendar so people know about it. NAGA is an open association of gaming groups, and we'd love to help promote any events in the greater Nashville area.