addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nashville Slow Ride Message Board › Farmers Market Lunch Ride

Farmers Market Lunch Ride

George
GeorgeC4
Nashville, TN
Post #: 1
I have been on many times what I call the Farmers Market Lunch Ride. There are several routes to choose from. 34 mile RT, 20 mile RT and 11 mile RT. Give or take a couple of miles! I set it up so we eat lunch at the Farmers Market at about the halfway mark. Most is on the Greenway, but there is a mile or two on bike lanes and about .5 miles along Broadway and First Ave. If you have not been on the levee path, the views are incredible. This is my first time organizing a ride for this group, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what would be a good distance. I can mix and match what is below. Thinking 7/20 or 7/21. Thanks GeorgeC

Cumberland River Greenway: Downtown - 1.5 miles, paved
Paved trail extends from MetroCenter Levee Greenway’s Great Circle trailhead into Downtown to 1st Ave along Fort Nashborough and Riverfront Park, with spurs along the way to Morgan Park and Bicentennial State Park.

Cumberland River Greenway: MetroCenter Levee - 3 miles, paved
Three-mile paved trail along the Cumberland River from Great Circle Road into Ted Rhodes Golf Course, featuring public art and a number of river overlooks. Soon to be extended through the TSU campus, connecting with Boyd/Taylor Park.

Shelby Bottoms Greenway - 6.4 miles, paved
Five miles of paved trails run through Shelby Bottoms, starting from the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center at the western end. The trail connects to the Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge that links to the Stones River Greenway as part of the Music City Bikeway. There are also several spurs into the East Nashville neighborhoods bordering the park.

Stones River Greenway - 10.2 miles, Paved
Ten-mile paved trail system connecting Shelby Bottoms to Percy Priest Lake and linking to the YMCA on Lebanon Road, Heartland Park, and Two Rivers Park along the way.
Terri O.
TerriO
Nashville, TN
Post #: 1
Sounds like a great ride!
Terri O.
TerriO
Nashville, TN
Post #: 2
I think the three choices you have are good distances for just about any skill rider. I know that the Stones River Greenway is a challenging trail, but well worth it. What a beautiful ride along the river on the boardwalk.
George
GeorgeC4
Nashville, TN
Post #: 2
I will probably organize a 15 or do mile ride with a lunch break and see who is interested. We can try different routes after that.
A former member
Post #: 8
Nice plan.. I have done all of those rides and they are all great rides. What will be your pace?