addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nashville Slow Ride Message Board › State of the Nashville Slow Ride Nation

State of the Nashville Slow Ride Nation

Carey R.
careyr
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Dear Nashville Slow Riders
I took over this Meetup Group one year ago because it was an orphan that no one else wanted. I appreciate your participation in our irregularly scheduled and eccentric riding schedule in the last year. If you haven’t participated in any of our group rides then you missed the exercise, the comradery and the free beer that comes at the end of every ride. 
We held a very successful Polar Bear ride on New Year’s Day and a great group of bicyclists toured Shelby Bottoms, Inglewood and East Nashville. During a coffee break I conned several riders out of $20 to help pay for the Meetup Group Organizer Dues. I actually used it for pizza.
Just kidding.
Meetup charges organizers $72 every six months to maintain the group’s web page and other functions. That’s really not a lot of money for the services they provide. I can afford the $72 but thought I would try to con a larger group of people for more pizza money. Some groups charge dues or event fees but I have no intention of doing that and no one would pay it anyway.
I just paid the bill and if you could see fit to donate a few bucks I would appreciate the help. My wife is in the next room planning a trip to Rome this year and I don’t want to disappoint her.  A donation of $5 to $10 is appreciated. Don’t give less than $5 because the PayPal fees just eat it up and don’t give more than $10 because I’ll waste it in Italy on more pizza. If you want to use folding money just send me an email and I’ll give you my snail mail address.
Donate to Nashville Slow Ride

You can also find the Paypal Button on our Homepage under Sponsors on the lower left.

I hope to offer more rides in 2014 but I need your help. You have probably noticed that many rides are in East Nashville because that’s where I live and I’m too lazy to go anywhere else. I realize that most of you are in other parts of the region and would like to participate closer to home. That’s why you should consider leading your own Slow Ride sometime during 2014. If you make it a regular event maybe I’ll buy you some pizza. I’ll be happy to try and show up for the first one to help you get started.

Carey
If you have any good ideas or comments about the group feel free to shoot me an email. If you have a complaint just keep it to yourself.