North Alabama / Southern Tennessee (NA/STy) Cachers Message Board › Exciting times are a'comin'

Exciting times are a'comin'

Bobby
GameForTravel
Group Organizer
Huntsville, AL
Hello fellow cachers,

As a reminder, there is a Meet & Greet this Wednesday, January 30, at 6:00 at the Cici's on University, in the same shopping center with Newk's and Chili's. We are spending time with an icon of caching in Huntsville, NoNameYet202, who is back in town for a week after being transfered to Atlanta. Should be fun to hear his stories!

We will also have a special guest, Bill Hanson, with the Boy Scouts of America. He has asked me to present a Geocaching 101 class near Mentone, AL on March 23. I am hoping to create a series of events over the weekend for this group to assist and/or participate in - activiites at the camp near Mentone, along a route from there to Huntsville, cache runs in Huntsville, scuba lessons, and a Flash Mob (or potluck/meet & greet) as a closer. We are just starting to make plans and Bill will be at the event on Wednesday to encourage your participation!

The calendar also shows meetups for the Geofest in the Park in February. I will no longer be attending; a friend of mine is getting ordained that weekend. Chewacla State Park has a lot of caches, and I'm sure the weekend will be fun even if I'm not there. 

I am on a committee that is planning a special event - our preliminary plans anticipate a day in late April, probably in the Birmingham area.

The date for World Wide Flash Mob X has been announced: May 4, 2013. I'm working on a location; any suggestions?

GeoWoodstock XI is on May 25 in Lakeland, FL. Plan to go if you can; it shouldn't be missed!

As always, everyone is invited and encouraged to submit ideas for gatherings and areas to explore on cache runs.

Cache on,

Bobby