NCTech4Good Message Board › Google Glass

Google Glass

Nick D.
nickdico
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Good morning friends,

I would imagine if any group of folk know about Google's Glass Project, it is going to be you all!

As of last week I was officially invited to participate in the Glass Explorer program by Google. Yay! It looks like I am one of a few nonprofit minded "explorers" in the country, and one of four dozen NC based potential users out of the 8000 invites.

My application to #ifihadglass was a) to use it to chronicle new fatherhood and b) to showcase the work of nonprofits in NC in a unique and fun way. So now I need to decide, with a $1500 price tag, should I accept and pick up a pair of Glass in NYC this spring?

If your nonprofit had access to a pair of Glass before anyone else, would that be something intriguing to your organization? If so, what ideas would you have to tell your story? Would you pay a small fee to lease/rent them for a day/week/month?

My intent is to bring these to our NC nonprofits before anyone else, and to have some fun. I mean lots of fun. However, if this vision (pun!) is not shared by a few willing partners, the experiment will never get off the ground.

Thanks ahead of time for your input. If you want you can email me at any time as well!

Nick