Announcing a new Meetup for Nassau County Yoga + Meditation Meetup! What
: Restorative Yoga Workshop for the Holiday Headache When
: Sunday, December 12,[masked]:00 PM Price
: $35.00 per person Where
: Revolution Yoga
7 N Village Ave
Rockville Centre, NY 11552
[masked] RESTORATIVE YOGA
FOR THE HOLIDAY HEADACHE
December 12, 2010
"Your compassion is incomplete if it does not include yourself."
The holiday season is here again! The time of year when we make a bigger effort to connect with family and friends. But with all the holiday events, gift buying, cooking, cleaning and planning it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Giving away so much of our energy and time can leave us feeling depleted.
Restorative yoga can recharge your batteries and bring you inner peace. Restorative yoga focuses on relaxing the body in restful poses with the use of several props. The practice restores a sense of deep calm by turning on the nervous system's natural healing mechanisms. It helps to lower heart rate, blood pressure and stimulate the immune system to keep the endocrine system operating healthily.
Treat yourself this holiday season with two hours of live ambient music, essential oil aromatherapy, and delicious yummy relaxation. Seva-To serve ourselves is a part of serving others.
Please forward this email to friends and family you feel this workshop will benefit.
SIGN UP TODAY
Your Workshop Leader: Evangeline Houlihan
Stepping into my first yoga class in 2008, I was hooked for life! I love how the practice makes me feel, physically, mentally and spiritually. Yoga brought me the experience
of balance and strength but most of all equanimity to my whole being, something that I had to share with others.
My open and gentle flow classes are both breath centered and a fluid vinyasa of Hatha yoga that is designed to stretch and strengthen the body with a soothing restorative at the end. The restorative/yoga nidra classes I teach are designed to relax and quiet the mind leaving the student calm, grounded and happy. Using the valuable tools of yoga, one can burn out the impurities trapped in the physical and emotional body bringing you to a state of oneness.
Evangeline is a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance.She completed the 200 hour teacher training at the Yoga Polarity Center in Malverne, 300 hour teacher training
with Yogiraj, Alan Finger, at Ishta Yoga in NYC, and Restorative Teacher Training Level 2 with Jillian Pransky, Director of Restorative Teacher Training for Yoga Works in
NYC.She is certified at the 500 hour level.Forever a student of yoga, she continues to train in workshops and practice the many different styles of yoga.
Amanda DiGiovanna, Tara Pillich and the good folks at Revolution Yoga
Benefits of Restorative Yoga
Restorative Yoga Benefits everyone but here is a list of other benefits you can receive.
* Helps patients to rejuvenate and heal their bodies.
* Used to improve fertility
* Triggers the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps to lower heart rate and blood pressure, and stimulates the immune system and ensures the healthy operation of the endocrine system.
* When the system becomes unbalanced, restorative yoga may be recommended to bring the body back into balance.
* Many poses are designed to stretch the back and straighten the spine, which in yogic terms helps to align the seven Chakras to bring them into better harmony. Straightening the back has the effect of bringing out the chest and raising the shoulders for better breathing and blood flow from head to toe.
* Improved range of motion
* Pain relief from injuries
* Psychological benefits may also be profound such as relief from the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and grief.
* Helps cancer patients to heal in conjunction with conventional treatment.
Revolution Yoga Studio
We are located at 7North Village Ave, Rockville Centre, visit our website www.revolution-yoga.com or call us at[masked]-Yoga-1 Come book asap because classes are filling up quick!
RSVP to this Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/NCYOGA/calendar/15640714/