align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Charlotte Boardgames Meetup Message Board › Arkham Horror

Arkham Horror

A former member
Post #: 3
Would anyone like to play a game of Arkham Horror? It is a very long game, between 4 and 8 hours. I played a game on New Years at Your Local Game Store in Matthews and I want to play it again. Who would like to set aside a few hours to explore some speakeasies in the roaring '20s in order to stop the Ancient Ones from rising and destroying existence?

This is a board game with many many cards and a lot of extra and unnecessary back story. It's a bit complicated and a lot of fun!
Dan
fistofdarwin
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
Arkham Horror is not for the faint of heart. You're right to call it 4-8 hours. I played about 5 hours at GenCon (including rules explanation) and after that everyone had to leave. I'd be willing to give it another try but it would have to be a weekend.

If you're looking for the same theme and nearly the same experience, I recommend Elder Sign, also by Fantasy Flight Games. It's basically everything Arkham Horror tries to be except smoother and much faster (like 90-120 minutes).
Michael
user 96237252
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
I would be interested in learning this game - I have been playing DESCENT and MANSIONS OF MADNESS, I love both of these games right now and would love to play it with others.