addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New England Microsoft Developers Message Board › seek SQL Server 2012 basic training/advice

seek SQL Server 2012 basic training/advice

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi all,

I want to have some basic SQL Server 2012 basic training. Does anyone have any suggestion? I have used relational database in the past, but I have not use SQL server. I like to learn SQL server by using a small project to get familiar with SQL Server environment.

I can pay for this study, such as one day or half day.

Appreciate any advice.

Jane
A former member
Post #: 1
http://robertdell.dyn...­

http://www.w3schools....­

I am not a DBA, more of a developer, so there are some topics that are a little beyond my care scope, but I have been using SQL Server since 2003 or so, I have some farmiliarity and could be available to help. Feel free to reach out, I am on skype and email 90% of the day. I am also planning on being in Boston in 2 weeks, if you can wait or want in person help, I could be willing to help on-site.

Do you have any particular questions, to help you keep going on your project?

another recomendation is Azure, ( SQL Server - in the cloud - hosted and maintained for you - at small cost) is a free trail for 90 days and might be Free if you meet the minium requirments.

Things like crystal reports help report writing, and there is SQL Reporting Server wich can host your reports as a web service once you create them.

Do you understand Stored Proceedures/triggers/views/Queries??

I hope this was helpful, anway lookforward to helping if you need it,
~Luke
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Luke:

Thank you so much for the reply!

I just checked the two web links that you recommended. The first one is a little weird... The second one is about SQL language? I am familiar with SQL language and understand Queries. I wanted to learn MS SQL Server, particularly its environment. I also have my own SQL Sever 2012 installed on my laptop. Crystal reports are not urgent for me. Now I really like to have something like a first small project of SQL Server to know what is its basic elements for SQL server. I went to some middle level workshop of SQL server, which really confused me because so many things are going on...

My questions should be very basic and I just want to get familiar with SQL environment and some basic functions. But theoretically, I understand relational database system and used other (not SQL Server) relational database systems, such as Foxpro/Access.

Do you have more suggestions?

Thank you for any advice!
Jane