NEAT (Newcomers Explore and Appreciate Toronto) is completely powered by volunteers! Sponsored by the CultureLink Mentorship Program, NEAT connects the new and established Canadians by offering them opportunities to volunteer together or simply to join a walk together. Our NEAT newcomer volunteers and their mentors work together to organize FREE guided walks for new Canadians and anyone who is interested in walking and exploring the city.
Since December 2014, NEAT has extended it's programming to winter activities under CultureLink's Wintegration Club. Volunteers of Wintegration club are working extensively to provide free/low cost activities from December to end of March where people enjoy the outdoors with their friends and family. The purpose of Wintegartion club was to engage and encourage newcomers to participate and get acquainted with Canadian's winter culture.
Participating in our walks and winter activities opens doors to learning about Toronto's local cultures, history and art as well as networking and life-long friendships.
To learn more about our program please visit our website.
We welcome everybody to our walks and winter activities. However, participation is entirely voluntary. Please read the liability statements carefully (copied below). CultureLink and it's representatives are not responsible for any loss/incident that may occur during NEAT walks and winter activities. Everyone participating is responsible for their own safety and well-being and of their children (if applicable).
All Participants must Read and Agree to the following NEAT Meetup Group Waiver form - By Registering with the NEAT Meetup Group you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the following:
1. You understand and appreciate the risks inherent in walking trip(s)/winter activities, and you voluntarily and knowingly assume those risks. You release CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors volunteers, funders and sponsors, from any liability for any injury or loss you might incur in connection with the walks/activities.
2. You, for yourself, your heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release forever any and all rights for claims and damages you may have against CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors, volunteers, funders and sponsors, in any manner due to any personal injury or property loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in the activities associated with the walks/winter activities, including any volunteer activities you may engage in while preparing for the walks/activities.
3. You agree to follow the rules established for the conduct of the participants in the walks/activities or instructions of CultureLink staff members or volunteer organizers on the walks/activities.
4. You agree that you will be responsible for your own welfare and safety in participating in the NEAT walks/winter activities.
5. You agree that if you bring any children and/or minors to the walks/winter activities, you will be solely responsible for their welfare and safety.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About NEATwalks||February 3, 2015 11:30 AM||anonymous|