Here’s your chance to learn about Windows Server 2012 – heralded by industry analysts as the most impressive Windows Server update since Windows Server 2000. Join us at a free Microsoft IT Lab for hands-on demos and interactive discussions with Microsoft technical experts. You’ll work closely with new features and functionalities of this release including Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, Shared-Nothing Live Migration, Storage Pools and Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
Thanks to sweeping enhancements in Virtualization, Storage, Networking and Management, Windows Server 2012 is cloud-optimized as a highly dynamic, available and cost-effective server platform. Attending an IT Lab in your local area is the perfect way to elevate your skills and propel your career to new heights. Come watch the instructor has he works through one of the labs or bring your own machine and work through it yourself and get even more out of this Microsoft IT Lab. This is a Hands On environment where you can chose from a list of labs which include:
· Installing Windows Server 2012
· Enabling Hyper-V and Desktop Experience on your laptop
· Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V setup and configuration
· Windows Server 2012 Storage
· Overview of Windows Azure IaaS (Includes Hands On Lab)
· Other options for Hands-On Labs may also be available http://itproguru.com/hol for new labs that are added every couple weeks.
All are Step-By-Step, Hands on Labs; not all labs available in all locations. Different labs have different prerequisites. To participate in the hands-on lab sessions, you will need to bring your own computer (laptop preferred) with the following minimum configuration:
· 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more preferred)
· At least 60 GB of free disk space (75 preferred)
· NO Drive encryption technology (Bitlocker or 3rd party)
· x64 compatible processor with hardware assisted virtualization (Intel VT or AMD-V technology)
· Installed OS of Windows Server 2012 (preferred), Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 8
· One Network Patch cable
Required: Don’t forget your power cord. You will also need to bring your Live ID (Microsoft Account) credentials. If you do not have one, please create it in advance. Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now!
• Required: Come with a Microsoft Account (LiveID) bring your credentials available here.
• Recommended: Although wireless internet access will be available, you may find that bringing your own mobile connectivity (MiFi™, phone data tethering, etc.) will be desirable.