NELAUX Message Board › Wanted: Senior Mandarin bilingual UX designer (4mos+)

Wanted: Senior Mandarin bilingual UX designer (4mos+)

Sonya L.
missmowie
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 59
I'm posting this on behalf of VitaminT who contacts me frequently looking for freelance UX designers. Fortunately, I'm booked solid so I am happy to share these leads with anyone. Thanks! Sonya

----------------------
Potential candidates can contact Chantalle van Doorn cvandoorn@aquent.com or they can call (323) 475-7368.

City: Burbank, CA
Salary: DOE
Start Date: ASAP

Job Description:

Our client in the digital home entertainment space is seeking Sr. UX Designer who is bilingual in English & Mandarin.

This person will bridge the gap between US-based & Shanghai-based UX teams over a 4-5 month maternity leave period. This person will manage 2 mid-level Shanghai UX Designers remotely and will ideally keep a schedule in LA of 1pm - 9pm. This person will create schedules, manage projects (dates, assets, meetings), and work with other department project managers (Product, Engineering/Development) to keep team and projects on target. This person needs to be incredibly organized, confident, proactive, and be able to push back against unrealistic requests. This person should have extensive digital experience, and preferably experience in a product environment.

The role will include:

*Creating & managing timelines and delivery management
*Represent UX team on client & internal WIP meetings & reporting
*Manage internal and client stakeholders (very important!)
*Work closely with creative, technical & product management teams to develop and implement solutions
*Clearly translate client/technical requirements internally
*Ensure all members of the project team understand the brief
*Provide direction and advice on strategy and solution where appropriate

You:
*Are fluent in written & spoken English & Mandarin with excellent communication skills.
*Have experience managing people and projects
*Have solid senior-level UX skills.
*Work well under deadlines
*Are an advocate for the UX team
*Client facing

Your Credentials:
*You have agency or product environment experience
*You have experience and knowledge of mobile, 10' (broadcast) & web application design
*You have a desire to keep up with new developments and trends in the digital space