The Northeast Ohio ISSA Security Meetup Group Message Board › Information Security Engineer - Full time position in Cleveland/Akron Area!
|A former member||
Job Title Information Security Engineer
We're not just another IT company. Emdeon is a leading provider of business, technology and information solutions that transform both the financial and clinical aspects of healthcare delivery. Our employees are not merely average, either! They are highly qualified and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage, and challenge each other every day. We have high expectations of performance, and every individual and team can truly make a difference at Emdeon. Contributions are highly visible, acknowledged, and rewarded across the company.
• Top level contributor with expertise in particular procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
• Responsible for providing technical guidance and technical consulting on complex projects.
• Interfaces with user community to understand their security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them.
• Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
• Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
• Conducts accurate evaluation of the level of security required.
• Requires understanding of network layouts and protocols, firewall theory and configuration.
• Requires experience with host-based security on one or more platforms and conceptual understanding of database security.
• Must be able to clearly articulate security concerns to management to be weighed against business needs.
• May serve as project manager for projects with small/moderate budgets or limited duration.
• This position is located in Twinsburg, OH
• Bachelors degree Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, relevant experience
• Eight (8) years minimum experience working in information security
• Five (5) years minimum experience in security architecture
• Must have strong understanding of information security principles and risk management
• Must have experience in information security/assurance in a public sector environment
• Must have a wide and deep knowledge of security architecture, creating and working with application environments that must adhere to various regulatory and industry requirements.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and is able to relay technical information to various technical, and non-technical, teams.
• Strong architectural (infrastructure and application) experience
• Designing and maintaining application architectures with federal and multiple agency-specific security requirements
• Working cooperatively with technical and operational staff across the enterprise
• In depth knowledge of Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA) and SP800-nn requirements
• Experience in managing Certification and Accreditation, of information systems, for public sector customers
• The creation of Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms)
• Ability to review Engineering Orders (EOs) for security related issues
• Understand current DoD and/or Intel security regulations, directives and policies
• Must have a deep understanding of the DoD DIACAP control framework
• Experience facilitating Infrastructure Service Requests (ISRs)
• Candidate must have an appropriate certification in accordance with DoD 8570.1 Workforce Improvement Program (WIP).
• Strong communication skills to multiple levels of management, technical and non-technical staff
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Experience in a healthcare environment preferred
• Security-related certifications are a plus
• Must either reside within, or relocate to the Twinsburg, Ohio area (Cleveland/Akron region)
• Must be a current US Citizen
• Candidate must already have or be able to obtain a favorable ADP/IT-II trustworthiness determination from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Emdeon offers a vast array of benefits for its employees, including but not limited to the following:
• Medical, Dental and Vision care
• Life Insurance
• 401k plan
• Employee Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Plan
For consideration, please apply online for 11-1086 at www.emdeon.com/careers. If you experience technical difficulties please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emdeon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Emdeon is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.