The Northeast Ohio ISSA Security Meetup Group Message Board › Network Engineer - Full-time Opportunity!
|A former member||
Job Title Network Engineer
We're not just another IT company. Emdeon is a leading provider of business, technology and information solutions that transform both the financial and clinical aspects of healthcare delivery. Our employees are not merely average, either! They are highly qualified and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage, and challenge each other every day. We have high expectations of performance, and every individual and team can truly make a difference at Emdeon. Contributions are highly visible, acknowledged, and rewarded across the company.
The Network Engineer position entails installing and maintaining the enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure. This includes Cisco routers and switches, Check Point firewalls and Tipping Point IPS. In addition, the Network Engineer provides day to day support of network-based hardware and software, implementation plans for these items, the ability to take the lead or supporting role on special projects as assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining, upgrading, monitoring and tuning the LAN/WAN environment. This job is both network security and route/switch focused. The candidate also must be able to obtain a DoD clearance, this is a requirement for the job.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the network infrastructure and security (Cisco routers & switches, Check Point firewalls and Tipping Point IPS).
• Day to day support of DoD network (routers, switches, firewalls and IPS) including on-call support.
• Monitor and remediate any infrastructure, security and/or performance related issues.
• Responsible for the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks.
• Install and maintain physical network connections.
• Maintain accurate records of all maintenance and inventory measures associated with the data networks.
• Produce and maintain network infrastructure diagrams.
• Document and update infrastructure device configurations.
• Provide support for issues escalated to the network team to ensure their issues receive timely resolution.
• Assists in special project planning and implementation.
• Test and provide critical input to Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Maintain compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Perform network maintenance during after-hours maintenance windows.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 6 - 8 years experience in network infrastructure implementation and support.
• Cisco CCNA required, CCNP desired.
• Check Point CCSA/CCSE desired.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, often with competing deadlines.
• Experience in installation and day to day management of Cisco router & switches, Check Point Firewalls, Tipping Point IPS.
• Detailed Cisco IOS interface knowledge.
• Experience reviewing systems security and trace logs to ensure compliance with best practices and local/federal regulations are also necessary.
• Monitors usage, capacity, and performance of networks; works with users and/or vendors to address problems and changes in requirements.
• Network diagnostic skills (network sniffing and analysis, network trace tools, sound troubleshooting techniques, i.e. tcpdump, Wireshare, WildPackets, etc).
• Network and system troubleshooting experience. Physical layer through application layer troubleshooting skills. Knowledge of common LAN protocols including 802.1x, 802.1d, and 802.1q.
• Knowledgeable in best practices and implementation of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
• Knowledge of network management using SNMP. Knowledge of network discovery methods using SNMP.
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio and other data processing applications.
• Occasional travel to Memphis, TN and Twinsburg, OH will be required.
• Must be a current US Citizen.
• All candidates must be able to successfully obtain a Position of Public Trust designation from the Department of Defense and Office of Personnel Management. This background investigation includes:
Basic National Agency Checks (Security/Suitability Investigations Index, Defense Clearance and Investigations Index, fingerprint classification, and a search of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigative index).
Credit search covering all residence, employment, and education locations during the last 7 years.
Law Checks covering all locations of residence, employment, and education during the last 5 years and to all locations of admitted arrest.
Emdeon offers a vast array of benefits for its employees, including but not limited to the following:
• Medical, Dental and Vision care
• Life Insurance
• 401k plan
• Employee Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Plan
For consideration, please apply online for 11-0430 at www.emdeon.com/careers. If you experience technical difficulties please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emdeon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Emdeon is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.