The Northeast Ohio ISSA Security Meetup Group Message Board › Information Assurance/Security Officer position in Twinsburg, OH - Critical
|A former member||
Requisition Number 10-0475
Post Date 8/27/2010
Title Information Assurance/Security Officer
Description Emdeon, a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management solutions, connecting payers, providers and patients in the U.S. healthcare system, is currently seeking a talented, experienced leader for the Assurance Officer / Information Security Officer in our Twinsburg, OH office. This position is responsible for managing the compliance environment required for maintaining contracts with various public sector departments and is a critical position of leadership within Emdeon.
The successful candidate is a motivated, strong team builder with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects within a matrix’ed organization. This individual is a strong leader with even stronger communication skills, able to relay technical risk-related information to various technical, and non-technical, teams. A wide, and deep, spectrum of knowledge in the design of security components and control architecture is a must.
Requirements • Bachelors degree telecommunications, engineering, computer science or equivalent and 7-10 years total relevant experience
• 8 years minimum experience working in information security/assurance in a public sector environment as an IAO and/or ISO
• 5 years minimum experience in management
• Must have strong understanding of information security principles and risk management
• In depth knowledge of Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA) and SP800-nn requirements
• Experience in managing Certification and Accreditation, of information systems, for public sector customers
• Experience managing compliance efforts with federal and multiple agency-specific security requirements such as Prior knowledge of DoD or federal security requirements such as DIACAP, DITSCAP, FISMA or equivalent federal security activities is a plus. This knowledge should include familiarity running audit tools such as Gold Disk, managing IAV notifications and providing asset management in VMS.
• Strong architectural (infrastructure and application) experience
• Strong communication skills to multiple levels of management, technical and non-technical staff
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to review Engineering Orders (EOs) for security related issues
• Ability to create Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms)
• Understand current DoD and/or Intel security regulations, directives and policies
• Experience facilitating Infrastructure Service Requests (ISRs)
• Security-related certifications are a plus
• Experience in a healthcare environment preferred
• Some travel will be required
• Must be a current US Citizen
• All candidates must have or be able to successfully obtain a Position of Public Trust designation from the Department of Defense and Office of Personnel Management. This background investigation includes:
- Basic National Agency Checks (Security/Suitability Investigations Index, Defense Clearance and Investigations Index, fingerprint classification, and a search of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigative index).
- Credit search covering all residence, employment, and education locations during the last 7 years.
- Law Checks covering all locations of residence, employment, and education during the last 5 years and to all locations of admitted arrest.
Emdeon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Emdeon is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.
For questions, please contact Susan Jett at 615-932-3172 or email@example.com