There aren't any open polls.
Help support your MeetupChip in
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
The primary goal of the ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources. The ISSA facilitates interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems security and for the professionals involved.
With active participation from individuals and chapters all over the world, the ISSA is the largest international, not-for-profit association specifically for security professionals. Members include practitioners at all levels of the security field in a broad range of industries, such as communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial and government.
The ISSA international board consists of some of the most influential people in the security industry, with representatives from Dell Computer Corporation, EDS, Forrester Research Inc., Symantec and Washington Mutual. With an international communications network developed throughout the industry, the ISSA is focused on maintaining its position as The Global Voice of Information Security.
The following list includes some of the important ways that ISSA members work toward achieving the Association's goals:
* Organize international conferences, local chapter meetings, and seminars that offer educational programs, training and valuable networking opportunities.
* Provide access to information through the ISSA website as well as an online newsletter and monthly journal.
* Offer support for professional certification and development opportunities for security practitioners.
* Create opportunities for members to join committees and boards, which provide significant leadership for the security industry.
* Facilitate discussion and feedback on key issues, such as the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace, in order to create a unified voice for security professionals around the world that can influence public opinion, government regulations, the media and other important audiences. Meet other local internet and network security professionals. Our meetings are free and open to both members and non-members.
For more information, visit the chapter's website at http://www.neoissa.org.