North East Ohio WordPress Meetup Message Board › 2013 WordCamp Columbus, July 26-27 at the Ohio State Union

2013 WordCamp Columbus, July 26-27 at the Ohio State Union

Angie M.
user 10102363
Columbus, OH
Post #: 6
Hi everyone -

WordCamp Columbus is open for speakers at http://2013.columbus....­ through March 30. Please consider submitting a session of your own!

Here are several formats of talks to consider as you think about yours:

“Standard” Sessions: Approx. 35 minutes with 15 minutes for questions.
Workshops: Several speakers give detailed and coordinated talks about a subject in a single block of time (1-2 hours)
Lightning Talks: You get 5 minutes and a handful of slides to talk unconference style. Great for short, right-to-the-point topics and show-offs.

We might suggest a format if there is interest in your submission and it doesn't quite fit any of those. We might also suggest a different topic if yours has already been taken or we think you are able to present a topic we know our guests would be interested in. The safest bet is to plan on the standard session.

Remember that guests like live demonstrations and case studies (showing someone HOW to do something is one thing, showing them WHAT to do with it afterwards and WHY makes the HOW even more impactful).
AND also let me know what sessions or speakers you'd like to have. I'm always happy to seek out speakers to fill those slots.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me (Angie Meeker) at columbus@wordcamp.org, or find us on twitter @wordcampcbus.

Thanks!