NERP - Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi Message Board › Blatent self promotion: Pi Crust

Blatent self promotion: Pi Crust

Joe W.
user 16270021
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Hello NERPers!

It was good meeting you all at the last NERP meeting.

Towards the end, I was soldering up some breakout boards for my Pi. The Pi Crust.

I've posted the board as on open source project and built a website to explain how you can make one yourself.

Here ---> picru.st/

I don't sell these, but if you want to make one yourself, it should cost about $13 - $14 (including getting the board fabricated from OSHPark and ordering components).

However, if a batch is ordered, we could get these a lot cheaper. Is anyone interested in clubbing together to get a few made?

Oh yeah, and if anyone has any feedback on the board (positive or negative!), I'm really interested to hear it.

Thanks
-Joe (@joewalnes)

[End of blatent self promotion]

Joe W.
user 16270021
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Pssssst. If you like it, please give it an up-vote on Hacker News: http://news.ycombinat...­

-Joe
Drew F.
user 11663039
Chicago, IL
Post #: 10
It was great to meet you, and thanks for the Pi Crust. I dig the form factor. Pi is tiny but most of the the GPIO expanders make it much bulkier. I like how I could add a RTC nearly inside the volume of a Pi case with it.