addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 12 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Never Eat Solo! Food with Friends in Birmingham Message Board › Where should we eat?

Where should we eat?

A former member
 Hey Guys,

Lets have an awesome month of great places! We haven't been out much lately as I've been working a lot.

Why don't you send me your best spots and best dishes to try, so we can go have an awesome time! Its been too long since I've seen you guys!!!! Send me your suggestions.

Only takes a few seconds to send and you could give us all an awesome dinner :)

Don't be afraid to send lunch and breakfast choices as well.

Your Faithful Organizer,

Paul

P.S. check out nevereatsolo.com if you have time...

Rita
user 32658152
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 1
I recently tried the good egg in hoover for brunch, ti was good. Another brunch spot is Another Broken Egg on Montevallo road (sorry about the repetitiveness!) I have not tried it yet.
Billy's Tavern in English Village is good- great burgers, and late on the weekends there's live music.
Now that it's warmer, the Garage in Southside is interesting and really great sandwiches. Goood place to hang out.
Mizu in Trussville has great sushi and also offers the grill option for non-sushi lovers. It's very nice and the staff very friendly when I visited.
Hope these sound like good options, can't wait to get together with you guys soon.
"E"
user 14134378
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 5
Hey Rita to whom ever else is concerned. The one in Hoover, I believe you are talking about, is called "The Egg and I".

The one on Montevallo Road or might be Culver Road located in Mountain Brook Village is called Another Broken Egg. It can get really crowded on the weekends. If you want to be seated by a certain time its good to get there 30 minutes early.

I just tried Vino last night. The weather was amazing for out door eating and the food was delicious. most tables were set up for 4 people but I am sure they could put a few together. One should probably call and ask what the max amount of people they can handle in a group. I would also suggest making reservations. Vino is the restaurant of Vino and Gallery located in English Village

I have a friend who just started working at the Little Donkey Restaurant on Central Ave in Homewood (where the ABC store use to be). He said he would really like for us to try it. He mentioned that the owner or one of the chefs has connections to some of the nice restaurants in Birmingham