This event is open to Sea/Touring Kayaks 14' or longer with Watertight Bulkheads.
This is a Level 2 paddle.
High Tide at Hingham Harbor: 12:02 pm
Low Tide at Hingham Harbor: 6:13 pm
Join us for a paddle in beautiful Hingham Harbor. With it's numerous undeveloped Islands and Points, Hingham is a very scenic place to paddle. We will stop at one of the undeveloped islands for a lunch/snack break. We will have some open water crossings of approximately 1 mile, and a couple of main boat channel crossings. We will be stopping at one of the undeveloped islands for a lunch/snack break.
This Is Important:
You must be comfortable paddling in open water, wind, waves, and current, as well as be able to paddle quickly to cross boat channels. Experience with self and assisted rescues is required. Hingham Harbor can become quite challenging very quickly.
This paddle will be approximately 8.5 Nautical (10 Statute) Miles in length.
At the put in, there is a Park, a Beach, and a Farmers Market.
After the paddle we will go to a local eatery for dinner, so bring some $$$ if you are interested in joining us.
Life Jackets (PFD's) Are Required When Paddling With This Group!
Directions From The Seacoast:
1) Take I95 South
2) Take Exit 46 to Rt 1 South. (Toll)
3) Take the exit onto I93/Rt 1 South.
4) Take Exit 12 to Rt 3A South for 2.7 Miles.
5) Turn Left onto Merrymount Parkway - Southern Artery for 1.9 miles.
6) Turn left on to Washington Street.
7) At the Traffic Circle, continue straight to Rt 3A/Washington Street for 4.3 Miles.
8) Turn Right onto Otis Street / Summer Street.
9) The Launch is on the Left after the Gazebo.
10) Buy A GPS!
Google Maps Directions to Hingham Harbor