Women Learning Photography Together Message Board Group Exhibit Information › I need help! Outside the photography line...

I need help! Outside the photography line...

Terri A.
user 44626122
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
Sorry to ask this, but I'm frustrated. I have a Christmas gift for my son and daughter in law ... 12 charger plates with silver beads on the outside....does anyone know of someone who does monogrammed etching? I thought this would be easy but no so much...so I'm asking the question. Thanks for your help in advance :) Terri
Eileen K.
user 9030698
Portland, OR
Post #: 199
Hi, Terri. I can offer three suggestions:

Check out Smith and Bevill Jewelers, because they are a quality operation and might be able to suggest someone who would do a fine job.

Along the same lines, call the very finest gift shops you can find for resources. A well-run store will share their resources.

And here is someone I know of from way back, but in my case I used them for glass repair. This store in John's Landing may be able to do the work, or have knowledge of someone who can.

Crystal repair: An old-fashioned craft thrives under the radar ...

by Bridget A. Otto - in 102 Google+ circles
Nov 18, 2011 - On the ground floor of the Water Tower at Johns Landing, the carpeted ... And then he'll grind the chips out of your cocktail glasses, polish away ... back the beauty of a family piece or engraving a crystal vase, toasting flutes or bowl, ... He says he's one of Portland's well-kept secrets; not many people even ...
Eileen K.
user 9030698
Portland, OR
Post #: 200
Whoops. The link I sent might not work. It is for Barone's in the Water Tower, and here is a link to an article about them with a phone number. This could work for you.
Betty D.
user 37177922
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 10
You may also want to try Things Remembered.... they specialize in gifts that can be personalized...(but their website mentions that some of the stores may do this service for gifts bought elsewhere. Believe I saw mention of a store in Lloyd Center: http://www.thingsreme...­