add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The North Georgia Motorcycle Club Message Board › Memorial Day weekend ride

Memorial Day weekend ride

Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 276
I mentioned on last Saturday's ride that there was a good ride coming up may 26 - 28. See details here:

Organized by our former ride coordinator, Britman. there are some great roads around Lenoir, NC. Join us if you can. cool
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 280
So, Sam, Paul, Chris and I, maybe Mark too, are headed to Lenoir, NC Saturday morning. If you are heading up there for BMDR '12, let me know if you want to ride up with us. Expecting a great weekend of riding with friends.

Britman's Memorial Day Ride

Johnson City, TN
Post #: 23
I had a great time! My ride home was modified a bit... I was running a pretty good pace on US 221 headed from Blowing Rock to Linville when the warning light on my Doran TPMS started flashing. My rear tire pressure dropped from 28 to 20 pounds very quickly, so I pulled off and checked out the tire. I'd picked up a screw in the left rain groove, so I decided to take the direct route home to Johnson City (no playing on the Snake, 58, Whitetop, etc) as I forgot to pack my plug kit.

The pressure dropped to 15 pounds by the time I reached Newland, but I wasn't concerned about getting home since I'm running a run-flat care tire. Then I saw a big Goodyear sign - Avery tire was open on Memorial Day! Once they confirmed that I did indeed have a car tire, they were happy to plug it - 300 miles of twisties & sweepers later, its holding fine!