Please join us for guest speaker John Norton from Dyn as we discuss unit testing in PHP.
The topics we will cover are:
• Why you should write unit tests. The value they provide
• The Concepts of Unit Tests
• Getting started with PHPUnit, Simple tests examples
• A Journey through PHPUnit's features (different types of asserts, setUp, tearDown, Exceptions)
• What is code coverage and how can it help
• A quick note on other tools available (Selenium, ect)
You can read about PHPUnit ahead of time on their website.
Doors open at 6:30 for networking with the main talk starting at 7:00. As always The Farm offers a full menu if you want to order dinner.
Plenty of free parking in the Pearl Lot (behind The Farm) after 5:30PM!