Re: [graphicdesign-453] R.C. Thornton - looking to partner with Web Developer
Are you located in the New Haven County? I am interested.
From: David Fischer <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 4:08 PM
Subject: [graphicdesign-453] R.C. Thornton - looking to partner with Web Developer
R.C. asked me to send this to the list. Hope everybody is enjoying their summer! David --------- My name is R.C. Thornton (http://www.rcthornton.me/), and I am developing a collaboration and research web application for use in academics and enterprise. My concept has already won prizes at pitch competitions, and the approval of many others who realize how this could have helped them when they were in college.
The concept development work has been done: that includes a solid business plan (business model, marketing research, promotion and customer acquisition strategy), defined features (the exact functionality and features needed), a complete, page-by-page mockup and flowchart compilation, and mentors (currently working with 2 mentors, both successful business people, 1 each from the business and technology side).
We plan to raise at
least $25,000 by September, and apply for other grants and investments amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars in the near future.
Now, I need to bring on a web developer to help design the prototype and direct the company's technological development.
Who I Am:
I come from a background in management, finance and consulting. I've worked for private wealth management firms working with clients with a net worth in excess of $100 million. I've also done consulting for small business. First and foremost, I am an entrepreneur. I've previously worked on startups in social media and sports safety, and in addition to this startup, I own an online personal development product sales website. I've built extensive connections with the local entrepreneurship and venture investment communities, including connections with entrepreneurs, investors, CEOs, and mentors.
Working with me is a unique opportunity for those who want to be
entrepreneurial and create awesome stuff:
• You have the chance to create something that tangibly makes people's lives better.
• You'll do more than "just programming": you'll be leading and directing the project's technical development.
• You'll have the opportunity to make significant returns if the project receives investment and is successful.
Who You Are:
The heavy lifting surrounding product design and implementation methodology has been done (see above). What we need now is someone who can build this into an initial prototype.
Needless to say, you must have excellent technical skills in web development. I won't go into specific details here: if you are a great web developer, you know what you need, and you'll have it already.
What's more important is that you must be passionate and excited about startups, and be willing to:
• Have a strong attention to detail and an unwavering desire to create an
• Obsessively drive to create an awesome user experience.
• Being a self-starter who can get work done on their own, and without constant direct supervision.
What I can offer:
• An equity stake in the company (based on experience & commitment), with the option to expand ownership after continued work.
• A salary after successful grant rounds and company expansion.
• A voice in product development- you will be one of the company's founding members, and the key link to the business' technological development. Your input will help guide the company's direction.
• Team building- I plan to bring on at least 2 more developers and designers in the short-term future, and many more in the long term. You will be able to hand-pick your team, and work in a management and development role.
If you're interested, e-mail me your resume, some projects you've done (preferably links to them, and especially
self-directed projects), and anything else that shows your technical skills and character. Let me know what you're schedule's like (ideally, you'll be able to devote a significant amount of time to this project).
I'm moving very quickly on this, and will be selecting a qualified person within 2 weeks (ideally sooner).
If you want a chance to do something awesome and make a difference, this narrow window of time is your chance to do just that.
Please contact me at [address removed].
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by David Fischer ([address removed]) from New Haven Design & Technology Meetup.
To learn more about David Fischer, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | [address removed]