addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › Question on Guitar Lessons

Question on Guitar Lessons

Viv
user 15381491
South Plainfield, NJ
Post #: 37
Can anyone tell me what the going rate is for teaching beginner guitar in Middlesex County?
This is taking into consideration the teacher driving to the student's home.
Dave G.
user 13814197
High Bridge, NJ
Post #: 5
Ordinary guitar lessons usually go for about $20 per lesson (1/2 hour lesson). Home service costs more, maybe $25-30 per lesson, but in a competitive economy such as ours, you should be able to hold him at $25. Anything better than $20 per half hour is a great deal!
Viv
user 15381491
South Plainfield, NJ
Post #: 39
Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your input. I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I'm recovering from pneumonia, and both kids have been sick. This is very helpful advice!

Viv
Susie D
user 30996332
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 4
I pay my instructor $50/hour ... it is the Westminister rate and his lessons are personal not program
Viv
user 15381491
South Plainfield, NJ
Post #: 40
Thanks Susan!
Laine H.
user 11285948
Piscataway, NJ
Post #: 5
CLARIFICATION: Viv wasn’t asking about rates to RECEIVE guitar lesions….she GIVES them. I signed up with her and she’s GREAT!