NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › Big Change to Our Dropbox Folder Today

Big Change to Our Dropbox Folder Today

FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 264
Don't be alarmed if you see a lot of activity in our Dropbox folder today. I am making a big change. I will be eliminating the "Not Uploaded" folder and moving all its contents into the main "Acoustic Music in the Park Songbook" folder.

I originally created the "Not Uploaded" folder as a place to store files that were not part of our "official" songbook (i.e., the PDFs posted in the "Files" section of our website), so it would be easy to know which songs could be requested at a meetup and which couldn't (because everyone didn't have access to Dropbox). Now that just about everyone who attend our regular jams has access to Dropbox, and we've figured out how to link to the files in Dropbox from the setlist page, that distinction is less meaningful. It also makes it harder to find files when you have to look in two places.

So at some point today, I will be moving the nearly 500 files into our main folder.

- FiL
Joe H.
user 10401699
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 86
Would it be possible at some point (not today) to get rid of duplicate files, especially when it's just a difference in the page layout? I'd be willing to help with this.
FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 265
Joe, that's been a long-term goal of mine, but it isn't always easy to decide which version to keep. (And in many cases,, a new version, combining the best parts of the two, is needed.) For example, which version of "The Weight" should we keep? Both versions have their merits, depending on how you like to play the instrumental bit. Same goes for the two versions of "Dirty Old Town"--one is more accurate, but the other is probably easier to play, since the key doesn't change during the instrumental.

I'd appeciate any help in deciding what to keep and what to delete. Anyone else interested, contact me privately, and we'll go through all the duplicates as time allows.

- FiL
bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 195
Just a little aside to our General Population; again, I can't help but reflect on how much some of our organizers devote of their personal time and energy to further this experience for the rest of us. I can't say it enough; thanks, you guys, for everything! Great Karma coming your way!
Brian K.
BrianK
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 2
I agree with Bob on those sentiments! Thanks so much Fil and Alan for making the meetup experience such a fun time and for all the hard work that goes into making that happen. Thanks guys!
angelo
user 11393383
Newcastle, ME
Post #: 66
Hey FiL, after you move the 500 files out of the "Not Uploaded" folder into the general NJAMP folder, can you move them out again into "Not Uploaded", and then back into the NJAMP folder again just for the heck of it?
John M.
user 14424231
Piscataway, NJ
Post #: 19
Who is this Angelo guy anyway?
angelo
user 11393383
Newcastle, ME
Post #: 67
Who is this Angelo guy anyway? C'mon John I know you're kidding! Just like I was !
John M.
user 14424231
Piscataway, NJ
Post #: 20
Of course, Hope all is well. If either location below is local, come join Marianne and I and treat yourself to a concert by our favorite Maine singer songwriter. http://doncampbellmus...­

Friday, July 5 1:00 pm
BAND - Oceanside Grille at the Brunswick (Out on the deck)
Oceanside Grille at the Brunswick: 39 W Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME (MAP)

Saturday, July 6 8:00 pm
BAND - Poland Spring Resort
Poland Spring Resort: 543 Maine St, Poland Spring, ME (MAP)
Band performs at historic Poland Spring Resort over the 4th of July holiday weekend. Only $8 for registered guests or if you reserve in advance, $10 for general public. Lodging also available, so visit www.polandspringinns.com for more information or call 207-998-4351
$8 if you register in advance, $10 at door
angelo
user 11393383
Newcastle, ME
Post #: 68
Thanks for the info John. Yeah, Brunswick is real close, only 20 minutes away. I'm going to make plans to go!