addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › our first meetup

our first meetup

jim
user 8203581
Perth Amboy, NJ
Post #: 8
It was great meeting those who could make it this evening. I can not speak for anyone else but, I had a very good time. I think a first meeting would have to be a little awkward, but everyone was open minded and enthusiastic and all were very nice people. I am looking forward to our next meeting, hope all who were there today can make the next meeting as well as some of our other members. I suggest that we all recommend a song or two that we would like to do with the group, maybe even post the tabs, so we can all be familiar with them when we get together. Hope to hear from everyone, see you next time. Jim
Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 4
I had a great time and I agree with Jim. Here is the summary of meetup:

5 Members were present at the meetup. Jim, Beth, Lisa, Jack and Alan. All guitarists. We played a variety of music including songs by Carole King, Sam Cooke, David Crosby, The Foundation, Hank Williams, Woody Gutherie, The Beatles, The Youngbloods, Shel Siverstein, John Denver, Bob Dylan and a few others I can't remember. All attendees claimed to enjoy themselves are are looking forward to the next meeting.

The park was a nice venue, pretty quite where we were sitting even though we were close to the parking lot and a playground. The weather was perfect. We are going to have to think about alternate venues when the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler.