NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › March 5 Meetup

March 5 Meetup

bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 2
Stupid snowstorm! I was looking forward to all those great songs; will we just carry that Setlist over for march 5? Hey, shouldn't we come up with some Irish folksongs to get ready for St. Patrick's Day? What website do you use that prints the material up in such a user-friendly manner? The ones I use are really hard to read!-Bob Cole
jim
user 8203581
Metuchen, NJ
Post #: 28
yea too bad, but, gives me another week to get my timing down, lol. Bob, the date is March 4th not the 5th, you might be sitting in with a womans knitting group or something on the 5th, lol. jim

FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 9
Bob, I do mine is MS Word. It's a pain to try to line up the chords, but I'm too much of a control freak to leave it to a program.

I believe Alan does all his in ChordPro format, then uses an inexpensive shareware program to convert them to something easier on the eyes.

Regarding Irish songs, I've already posted "I'll Tell Me Ma". I have a bunch more Irish songs I've been meaning to post, but I know they're not everybody's thing.

If anyone has a favorite, I can post any of these:

Danny Boy
Dirty Old Town
Fiddler's Green
Fields of Athenry
Four Green Fields
Leaving of Liverpool
Marie's Wedding
Red Is the Rose
Star of the County Down
The Minstrel Boy
The Moonshiner
The Parting Glass
The Rare Oul' Times
The Rising of the Moon
The Wild Colonial Boy
The Wild Rover
Wild Mountain Thyme
Whiskey in the Jar

- FiL
jim
user 8203581
Metuchen, NJ
Post #: 29
well fil, my mother's maiden name is o'connell & i have always liked Danny Boy and the moonshiner and whiskey in the jar seem appropriate. lol, jim
Joe B.
Rider65
Gladstone, NJ
Post #: 6
Hey, I'm up for Irish tunes!